4D A/S scan turned into 2D regular scan but...

iVillage Member
4D A/S scan turned into 2D regular scan but...
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 11:56am

We did find out we're going to be on team BLUE!!!  My husband was thrilled.  The doc doing the ultrasound said it was too early to do the anatomy scan (even though my other doc said it was possible) but oh well.  In the end, we were charged our regular visit cost and are scheduled for our big ultrasound on Dec. 1st.  Otherwise, the baby looked great and was extremely active (uh oh!) like his siblings.  The doc remarked that the cord was amazingly black (which was supposedly great) and baby was in the 70% percentile at approx. 8 oz.  The doc has been playing with my dates and was unsure as to whether to move me up a week (as my LMP showed and I'm sure of my dates) or to go on the dating ultrasound which put me a week behind.  I'm taking an average though and I'm saying I'm approx. 17 weeks today.  So this was a great day.  I had my 8 and 5 year old daughters with me but my 8 year old cried when she found out it was a boy as she wanted a sister (so not so good of an idea to bring her but oh well!).  Can't wait to find out the gender of rest of you ladies. 

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-10-2012 - 3:15pm

congrats!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 8:05pm

Congratulations! Yay for Team Blue!

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 12:45pm
Congrats! My DD cried last time when she saw that it was a boy too... until we explained to her (at the time) that it meant she got to be the ONLY girl, and could have her own room. lol Not sure how things will go this time around, since she's rooting for a sister again - and her older brother wants another brother. The little guy is also in the sister camp, so no matter what, we'll disappoint someone. I have to wait til Dec 3, but it's coming fast!
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-24-2012 - 11:09pm
Awesome...I have four sons, so I've been on team blue often LOL Congrats to you :)

Jenifer: Momma to:

Jaron age 21 yrs~ Jayt age 19yrs~ Joely age 14yrs ~Cash age 3 yrs ~ Hank age 9 months and two angel babies <