Appt on 9/6 update "just come in for more IVs some women we see do it twice a week"

iVillage Member
Appt on 9/6 update "just come in for more IVs some women we see do it twice a week"
Sat, 09-08-2012 - 12:04am

Nothing much to report other than I have lost about 4% of my body weight due to being so sick. Doctor wants to keep giving me 4mg of Zofran which isn't touching the nausea/puking. I have only drank 6 ozs of liquid today and am back into the headache state. I know I am drying out. The thought of eating or drinking makes me gag which in turn I will loose it. She didn't check the HR with a doppler or look at the SCH on ultrasound. They wanted to try to do another prenatal panel on me until I told them it has already been done once. She then told me to eat more B6 or take a B6 pill, use seabands, and all of that lovely advice. I can't swallow liquid to even take B6 so I don't know how I will do it. Seabands are a joke and didn't work. I can't even take the antibiotic and told her this. I asked her for a syrup no-go. I can't keep the horse pill down or even try to get it past the almighty gag reflex.

She told me to call if I get dehydrated through next week and they will send me in for more IVs. They said it is typical of other women in my condition they send them 2 times a week sometimes. This blatently shows they are not controlling the Hyperemesis and Nausea/vomiting in other patients then either. I am considering getting a second opinion. I was supposed to get scheduled in for next week she marked down to overbook if need be and the rude secretary puts me down for 9/17 like more than a week out ignoring the instructions of the doctor. The place is nice in appearance, they are nice and smile to you, but it is dysfunctional at its very core.

iVillage Member
Dont even worry about it! I totally understand. This morning I almost passed out in the shower and then I threw up and it hurt so bad because I had nothing to throw up. Then I hobbled to my room to lay down but promptly threw up again in the trash can, naked while my husband was watching. It was awesome! And DH is asking me the whole time 'do you want your pill?' like that was going to help me in that moment. I'm a musician for a church so I knew after all that I still had to get ready for church. So you don't have to feel guilty for not seeming polite. We are not really human right now! I too get so discouraged because I have no one to talk to that understands. I think my friends get tired of me talking about it all the time but when this happens to me, my life stops. I Try not to post too much about it on Facebook. I'm sure people are tired of me being miserable already. I had this with all of my pregnancies and after #3 I said I would never do it again. I just can't mentally handle it. I feel like my life comes to a total stop and each day is a lesson in survival. So when I accidentally got pregnant this time I wanted to just crawl in a hole! My MIL said one time that it's all in my head. My mom understands because she threw up everyday for 7 months. She has been cleaning my house for me and helping out however she can. What people don't understand is that this is a condition that keeps you from living a normal life for months! I need help, I need support. If anyone else had the stomach bug for 12+ weeks they'd get tons of support and help but we are in a sense pushed aside because we are pregnant and we should just deal with it. I listen to my friends talk about the fun things they do and I just want to be human again! I'm so tired of this! Sometimes it helps to talk about it and just complain and be negative but only someone who has been through it will be able to listen and commiserate! I'm here to listen if you need it! In the beginning I cried a lot and that helps as it releases endorphins. I've been doing this for 8 weeks now. And all combined I've been nauseas day in and out for 41 weeks of my life with all of my pregnancies. I know that sometimes its too much for one person to bear. My heart goes out to you as we are both right in the thick of the battle!

Abbie
iVillage Member
And thanks for responding sorry forgot my mannerism just not feeling good apologies for all of it. Our son is sick on top of this with an ear infection tonight with a high fever and I think I am also coming down with the garbage. Got a sore throat and everything so all around I feel like a train wreck =( I hate being so moody and complaining throughout about everything it just sucks I am sure others have it worse though and for that I must sympathize.
iVillage Member
The shot helps not the pill I took another tonight when I started vomiting up my mac and cheese I tried to eat. It dissolved stops it for maybe 1-2 hours and then it is back. Side effects include constipation, and anxiety. I feel really nervous and cannot sleep after taking them for hours including the shot. I really hate vomiting and I really hate the side effects. It sucks all around. Yes I researched hypermesis and read all about it. I never had this with my prior pregnancies. I am wondering if having no gallbladder is doing this because I had my gallbladder yanked in 2009.
iVillage Member
I believe they have a 6 mg and 8 mg zofran pill. I also heard they have a zofran pump that is intravenous. Did the zofran shot help at all? I hope that 12 weeks offers some relief for you! I'm 14 weeks and I can make it through the day until about 8pm now before I get sick as long as I can keep from getting too hungry or too full. Have you researched hyperemesis? There are a ton of hyperemesis support groups out there. It is a tough road.
iVillage Member

TY, I am going to call Monday for another opinion and hope I can get in.

iVillage Member

Its the 4Mg oral dissovables they don't help. I've been sick all day long. I am on 20 ozs of fluid today better than I have been in the past. I find I can drink vitamin water at times. But 20ozs I have a bad headache and stuff. I know I am drying out. I don't want to go back to them my arm is seriously wrecked... in 3 spots from the bad nurse at the hospital. When I go into the ER they do about 5 liters of fluid (5 bags) and a shot of zofran. Once they did a vitamin bag on August 21st.  I just lay in bed and the moment I move around I vomit or dry heave...  I can't even take the pill for my UTI and that pain isn't even there compared to how bad and nauseated I feel.

I have tried seabands, ginger ale, drinking the vitamin water infused with B6 for the B6 help, crackers, etc... None of it is working. I am praying for week 12 and hoping it is gone by then... I won't go back to the ER for an IV unless SO drags me in there physicially or I am passed out.

DSC04864.JPG

iVillage Member

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time right now.  I definitely think you need a second opinion.  I know there were alot of mums on my EC that had really bad m/s.  Hopefully I can get them over here to help out with ideas.

Wendy

iVillage Member

I would be seeking a second opinion. I'd also be mentioning to the dr. that her staff is not following instructions.  Unacceptable.  Hugs and I truly hope you get a solution that works for you.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Why don't they have you on a much higher dose of zofran? The dissolvable tablet or IV form? I am 14 weeks and ivebeen sick since week 7.not as sick as you because I ca still eat although it's hard. I've been on zofran for the last 5 weeks and it helps. What about some of the other nausea drugs? I take thyroid medicine and u have to take it on an empty stomach and then wait an hour to eat. I told her there was no way I could do And my thyroid levels have raised dramatically. The doctor told me to keep taking them as prescribed. It's like they don't listen! I usually feel better by 18 weeks so I have another 4 weeks of this. I really feel for you! This is the worst!

Abbie from the march board
iVillage Member
If my post is riddled with type-o's please ignore them right now... =(