Check ups every 2 weeks already!

iVillage Member
Check ups every 2 weeks already!
Sat, 01-26-2013 - 4:42pm

My midwife put me on the every 2 week schedule at my last appointment.  I can't believe we are already at that point!!  I haven't even started on Megan's nursery!!!  Anyone else feeling like this time is flying by!!

Jennifer

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-28-2013 - 8:00am
I feel ya! My doc put me on another 4 week visit and then the two week ones. Yikes!!! Just to hear that made me think "The end is near!"
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 4:54pm

I had my check up today and was given one more apt at 4 weeks out before the 2 week ones start--but the OB did say we would schedule the date for my c-section at the next apt!!!!!!!!!! So I do feel the end is quickly approaching and I haven't started on the nursery yet either and don't have all the baby stuff I need since I am starting over since my boys are 10 and 12!

Alice

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 1:17am

At my last appt, I was told 4 weeks, but then there were no appts available for 4 wks out. The doctor didn't want to extend it to 5 weeks, so I'm going back in 3 weeks (2 weeks from today). This baby definitely feels like he is putting on more mass daily.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 1:20am

And on the nursery readiness...we have a lot of clothes, diapers, changing table, cradle, organization stuff, photos for the wall, etc. But the room is still set up as a guest bedroom with a queen sized futon and two twins. :-)  We need ot consolidate the twins to get things put away. My excuse is that I can't lift the mattresses myself, and DH has been working crazy hours!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 4:07pm
i have been going twice a week since 28 weeks (almost 31 now) for nst and ultrasounds on top of ob visits since i am high risk. i swear going in so often is making me so anxious for the next 9-10 weeks to go by! we are ready basics wise. we have a few newborn type outfits, bought a good pump in case i have supply issues like last time, & crib is set up. we bought all the newborn cloth diapers but still need to pick up some cloth inserts for them and i would like to get the diaper bag and a pack & play or cosleeper for our room before she arrives. we have a shower in 3 weeks so im waiting till after that to buy everything else. so excited that the end is near, & cant wait to meet this little girl!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 8:28am
Awesome that you are almost ready!! I am really disappointed that I am not having a shower. No one has offered to throw me one. :( I am not too close to my mom and my dh's family lives 8 hours away.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 12:09pm
Have you thought about doing a welcome baby party type thing after baby arrives? i have a friend that did one last year when she had her baby. she did it when he was about a month old and just had an open time frame for people to come meet baby and have snacks and bring him gifts if they wanted. they had a registry set up for it and everything. it was really cute.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 12:17pm

I've thought about it.  My son got RSV at 8 weeks old though, and had to be hopitalized.  I'm afraid to have a bunch of people around the baby this time.  I know it is possible to be too careful, and I don't want to be over protective, but I don't want my baby in the hospital either!!  

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-12-2013 - 1:25am

My next -door neighbor, who is due any day now, told me that she didn't take her now 5-year-old son anywhere for the first two months and limited who came over, because she had heard so many horror stories from others about illnesses early on.

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-12-2013 - 1:49am

At today's appt, they said the next one would be in 4 weeks, then every two weeks. I was also happy to learn taht I can wear the pregnancy belt up until the end. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to wear it towrad the end, because it does hold the baby up off my hips. At the same time, if it wasn't holding the baby off my hips and diaphragm, I would be in pain and unable to breathe well!

winter 2010 siggy

Pages