A/S finally done...YAY!!!

iVillage Member
A/S finally done...YAY!!!
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 2:06am

Well after a long wait, we finally got to see our little man in 4D.  Everything was great and the little guy was as active as can be.  This is the first time I've gotten a 4D ultrasound at this stage and I must say I'm a little bummed to have seen his face already...BUT...he was SO CUTE!!!  Nothing like Skelator as I feared.  I'm in love all over again and never would have expected that my fifth baby would have me wrapped up like I'm a FTM.  The doc said my due date was consistent with the dating scan (which was different from my LMP) and puts me to be due on the 22nd of April.  On a down note, right afterwards I slipped and fell (while carrying in groceries) on some spilled kerosene on the road and my knee broke the fall and skinned.  But LO is still active and though I'm sore, I think we're both fine.  How are you ladies these days?  I just ordered the last few essentials that I'll need for this guy and so I'm just baking this baby at this point.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-08-2012 - 11:45am
Congrats! So exciting, wish we had somewhere near that did 3 or 4d. Hope you feel better from the fall
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 11:24am

Yeah, I was in that boat with my last (a boy) as my boy before him was my oldest.  So there was an 8 year gap between the two.  Needless to say, I had to do some serious shopping.  Luckily, I held onto the boy clothes even though I was so sure that he would be my last.  Unfortunately, I'll miss out on the fun shopping with this one but will save money.  Both situations have pluses and minuses.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 8:09am
I have 2 already so I know you don't need tons of stuff but my youngest is 10 so I have NO hand me downs for this one!! Plus I have two boys and am having a girl so all will be different this time!

Alice

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-05-2012 - 1:08am

I guess you could say I finished shopping years ago.  I've got tons of hand me downs from DS's shopping extravaganza.   I did buy a few new outfits for this one and spit up cloths, socks, caps, and an Ergo but everything else is already taken care of.  The kid has about 20 outfits for each age/ month range up until 2 years at least.  I guess it's the benefits of this being my 5th (2 boys, going on 3 and 2 girls) .  Also, once you have to pack up lots of clothing, toys, washcloths, blankets, and other baby stuff every few months, you tend to realize babies don't really need a ton of stuff like the stores want you to believe and so you keep the really useful things and junk the rest.  Also, this LO is sharing a room so I have no need to get carried away with a nursery as his big bros wont be fond of it.  All in all, I like the simplification of it all.    

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-04-2012 - 11:26am

Sorry to hear about your fall hope all is good.   But you are ready already?  No I still have quite a few things to do myself.  The major things like the crib and the car seat I have from the last baby (5 years ago) but I still need to do some new things for the nursey like picking out the curtains and the baby quilt and accessories.  I need another stoller and not knowing what I am having new clothes will be needed but I will wait for the baby to come for that.  I have some pjs from (5 years ago that are still in good shape)  My sister brought me a coming home outfit for the baby (its green)  so cute.   Yea I am just waiting for the new arrival.   Christmas got me busy for now.    

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 4:11pm
Congratulations! So glad you were able to see him! Sorry to hear about the fall, hope you're able to rest and recover quickly.
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-03-2012 - 9:18am

You already have all the essentials you need??? This is #3 for me but my youngest is almost 10 so I have nothing!  Someone at work is giving us a crib and a different person sent home a snap and go stroller for the car seat, a crib mobile and a bouncy seat but that's all I have in the house now!  I have 2 other friends who are done with kids and have girls who are giving me hand me downs but I don't have it yet.

Alice