Heart baby's heartbeat again :) big ultrasound scheduled!

iVillage Member
Heart baby's heartbeat again :) big ultrasound scheduled!
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 11:43am

I had my routine check up today.  We heard the Heartbeat again.  My midwife had a student and it took the student a while to find the heartbeat, but we found it.  We scheduled my big ultrasound for the week after Thanksgiving.  I was hoping to have it before Thanksgiving so we could make the announcement at Thanksgiving dinner about the gender, but oh well.  So happy that baby is okay.  I get really nervous between appointments because I just want to hear the heartbeat.  Once baby starts moving more, I'll be okay though.

iVillage Member

yay for hearing the hb! that always makes my day :) that sucks that you have to wait till after thanksgiving for your ultrasound :/ it is so hard to be patient when waiting to find out if your baking a boy or girl!

iVillage Member

So glad things are going good :) And at least you dont have to wait so long to find out the gender, I wont find out till Dec. 20th!!!!!

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member

Sounds like a good exam! Yay!

iVillage Member

Glad the student finally found the heartbeat....I know they have to learn somehow, but it stinks when you're the guinnea pig for their training exercises.

My next OB appointment is at 16 weeks so I'm hoping to schedule my anatomy scan at that time.....I'm expecting to have my U/S scheduled for after Thanksgiving too.....although like you, would have LOVED to announce it at Thanksgiving with everyone present :)

Luckily, Thanksgiving will be here before you know it :)