Induction tomorrow!!

iVillage Member
Induction tomorrow!!
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 10:36am

tomorrow, at 39w3d i check into the hospital to start our induction! i have gestational diabetes and my sugars have been a little crazy lately, and my insurance isn't wanting to cover the new insulin they want me to take. i could get it approved but it's a long process and im so close to the end that my doctor decided we would just induce instead. my previous 2 babies were 37 hr & 24 hr inductions so i dont expect her to be here tomorrow. im thinking saturday, possibly even sunday. either way im just so excited to see an end in sight!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 11:11am

Yay for babies!!  Sorry you are having touble with diabetes.  That doesn't sound like any fun, but at least you will get to meet your little one soon!!  Are you dialated at all yet?  We are going to talk to my Midwife about an induction next week.  I'm scared about it and wanted to labor naturally but our family situation may not allow that.  I hope this one goes quickly for you.  My water broke with my DS but contractions never really started so I had to be induced with him and it only took about 6 hours from when they started the pitocin, so maybe this one will be quick for you if you are already a little dialated.  I was 3 cm when I got to the hospital with DS.  Post your birth story and pics when baby gets here!!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 11:11am

Yay for babies!!  Sorry you are having touble with diabetes.  That doesn't sound like any fun, but at least you will get to meet your little one soon!!  Are you dialated at all yet?  We are going to talk to my Midwife about an induction next week.  I'm scared about it and wanted to labor naturally but our family situation may not allow that.  I hope this one goes quickly for you.  My water broke with my DS but contractions never really started so I had to be induced with him and it only took about 6 hours from when they started the pitocin, so maybe this one will be quick for you if you are already a little dialated.  I was 3 cm when I got to the hospital with DS.  Post your birth story and pics when baby gets here!!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-04-2013 - 11:30am

Yeah!!

I wish I could say I was having my baby this week!! I'm only 36 weeks though so may have a while to go--but tons of contractions--haven't had an internal so don't know if I'm dialating or not.

Alice

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-05-2013 - 1:02am

Next one...hope all goes well and let us know!

winter 2010 siggy

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-07-2013 - 8:44pm

I've been watching for an update and birth story.  I pray everything is going well.  Update us when you get a chance!!

Jennifer