Midwife visited my home for first time!

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Midwife visited my home for first time!
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 10:11am

What a wonderful experience it was!  She was very thorough and took her time.  We enjoyed a small snack together and talked about my prenatal history and then I got to listen to my baby's heartbeat via doppler for the first time.  Whoa!  The galloping horses were fast and instantly picked up with the doppler.  DH happened to be home as (long story) he fell yesterday and cut his head and required stitches and stayed home from work so we both enjoyed the moment of it all.  Next visit isn't until 6 weeks but that's ok.  Best part is that I found out her prices and its only about 350 bucks for delivery and this includes the pads and protective materials except bedding!  I can't believe how cheap it is to have a baby here in Jordan.  She can even circumsize boys if we choose to and a friend of mine just had her son done today after my visit.  I was concerned about PPH (postpartum hemorrage) as I've been pregnant 7 times and this will be my 5th baby (some say there's an increased risk with many pregnancies) and she said she carries pitocin to be used if needed and has been delivering for over 30 years with low transfer rates!  She did say if my iron test comes back very low that I wouldn't be a home birth candidate.  So here's hoping.  She wants me to test in a month to see.  All in all...a great day

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 3:28pm

Sorry to hear about dh, but it definitely sounds like a great visit by the midwife!  Glad to hear you got all of your questions answered and that her prices are reasonable.  Yay on hearing the heartbeat!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 3:55pm

Sounds like a great visit! I'm glad you were able to find someone you like who was reasonably priced.  here's hoping your iron levels are suitable for home birth :smileyhappy:

Good luck with your future appointments.  And I hope your DH heals quickly.