Today's Ultrasound and Bidding Adieu

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Today's Ultrasound and Bidding Adieu
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 9:42am

Today we went to the fancy new clinic. The facility was awesome. The nurses, midwives, Drs, and technicians we met were great. Def an improvement over the last place.

Unfortunately when they did the sonogram, they found that the gestational sac wasn't measuring any more than 6 weeks when I should be around 9 by now. So, later this week I'll be going for my DNC. After almost three weeks I've never cramped, spotted, etc so it was pretty disappointing. I knew the sac was growing more slowly then it should be, even if my original doctor wasn't fessing up about it. At least now we have confirmation.

I wish you all happy and healthy preganancies and perhaps one day I'll be back!

Gone - flitted away,
Taken the stars from the night and the sun from the day!
Gone, and a cloud in my heart.
~Alfred Tennyson

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-10-2012 - 10:54am

I'm so sorry to hear this news.  Good luck with the DNC later this week.  Hopefully you have found a good set of doctors to help you in your next pregnancy :smileyhappy:  Take care of yourself.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 6:26am
I am glad you found a better place. This happened to me on April 25th 2012. I was supposed to be 10 weeks but sac was measuring 6 and there was no fetal heart beat. I had a D&C on 4/26/12 and now I am pregnant again. Just know it isn't your fault at all and now you have a good place to go when you do get pregnant again soon. D&C is really easy I was in and out of the hospital the same day. It was psychologically where I was a bit of a mess. Just hope everything goes good your next pregnancy. Good luck!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 1:44pm

I'm so sorry to be reading this.  :smileysad:  Wishing you nothing but the best and hoping to see you again in the near future.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 11:37am

Could you be off on your calculations of conception?  Are they going to do another U/S before the D&C?  Just to confirm there's no change? 

I'm so very sorry you're going through this..  I've had 3 losses and each was heart breaking... but I didn't give up.

Best of luck to you..  sending healing healthy thoughts

Wendy

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 8:33pm
I'm SO sorry! Many prayers for quick healing and blessings for your future! ((hugs))
Photobucket