Can You Feel Movement Yet?

iVillage Member
Can You Feel Movement Yet?
Tue, 11-05-2013 - 8:13am

Fluttering, bubbles, tickling, gas -- these are all terms moms-to-be have used to describe the feeling of baby’s first noticeable movements. "Quickening" -- the technical term for this sensation -- is tough to describe since, as any mom can tell you, it feels like nothing else you've experienced. But it's often referred to in a?   loving way, like butterfly kisses or fluttering wings. It’s feeling you learn to cherish and is one of the most miraculous and enjoyable parts of pregnancy.

http://www.ivillage.com/what-babys-first-movements​-really-feel-our-community-weighs/6-a-289486?ice=...

Have you felt baby move yet?  If so, how would you describe those first movements? 

photo snowsiggy.png

Community Leader
Thu, 11-07-2013 - 3:08pm

I've started feeling Baby, but it feels to me like someone very small is kicking the inside of my uterus.  I really can't relate it to butterfly wings at all; but then, I've never been the romantic type.

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-13-2013 - 12:00pm
I *think* I'm feeling little movements. It took me a bit to figure out what I was feeling was actually movement. Honestly I thought it was just gas bubbles. *blush*
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-13-2013 - 2:29pm

I'm pretty sure I've felt movement, because after something happens I don't pass gas :) lol! I'm hoping I start feeling distinct movment soon, I've been having scary dreams that I've lost the baby only because I can't feel it move yet :(. My sister said she was about 19 weeks when she felt Jordy kick and her husband felt it too. So I can't wait!! 2 1/2 more weeks until 19 weeks. 4 weeks until we find out - Boy or Girl! WOOT WOOT

Shana

Shana
Wife to Diego
Mommy to Luna and Panda - Furrybabies
Soon to be mommy to Xavi - Due April 27, 2014