Will Your Partner Witness the Birth?

iVillage Member
Will Your Partner Witness the Birth?
Wed, 01-29-2014 - 11:35am

Simon Cowell recently admitted to Ryan Seacrest that he does not want to witness the birth of his child.  How does your husband/partner feel about this topic?  Does he want to be in the room? Witness the birth?

Do Men Want to See Their Kids Born?- http://www.today.com/video/today/53102556#53102556

photo snowsiggy.png

Community Leader
Wed, 01-29-2014 - 7:28pm

Well, I don't know if "witness" is the right word.  ;)  If he actually witnessed it, he'd be on the floor!  But he will be there for the birth, or he'll be in some of trouble, let me tell you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-30-2014 - 4:24pm

My hubby finished Paramedic school a year ago, to complete it he had to do so many hours in the burn center, ER, and birthing centers. He got to "witness" 5 live births and 2 c-sections. Since he has finished he has almost had to deliver two babies himself durning an ambulance ride. He's told me, "Wouldn't it be fun to give birth down in the basemant and I can deliver him!" that freaks me out, but I totally trust him LOL. He will be in the delivery room, will actually be the only one besides the Dr. and the nurse(s) no other family, too many people in a small space. But he's going to ask the Dr if he can "help" out a little more than just cutting the cord once he's out. He's super excited!

Shana
Wife to Diego
Mommy to Luna and Panda - Furrybabies
Soon to be mommy to Xavi - Due April 27, 2014