Anyone Traveling for the Holidays?

iVillage Member
Anyone Traveling for the Holidays?
Wed, 11-06-2013 - 8:45am

Got a babymoon in the Bahamas on the brain? Or planning a trip across the country to visit family before baby arrives? Go for it! The fact is, it's usually pretty safe for women with low-risk pregnancies to travel. (Of course, consult your doctor first -- especially if you're high-risk). So book your flight, pack your bags and check out these must-read tips for traveling while pregnant.

Tips for Traveling While Pregnant- http://www.ivillage.com/tips-traveling-while-youre-pregnant/6-b-139696

Anyone here planning to travel to visit friends or family during the upcoming holidays?  If so, where are you going and how will you travel? Any tips to share with other expecting ladies?  We'd love to hear them! 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-13-2013 - 2:38pm

A babymoon would be WONDERFUL!!! But no, I had a friend that traveled from New Mexico up to Idaho - Non stop- at 36 weeks pregnant and because they didn't stop as often as she needed too they ended up loosing the baby. Still born. That scared me! So I tell DH I'm not traveling anywhere anyway until Boo is born, then we can go wherever! :) We have a ton of family in Phoenix and we love AZ so I'm sure a trip down there will be in the future after Boo is born. Plus newborns are easy to travel with! Sleep 90% of the time :)

We don't travel far for Thanksgiving. We are both from Idaho we lived 2 blocks from each other growing up. And our parents are still there. We live about 40 minutes away from home. We have Thanksgiving with my family at about noon - traditional Thanksgiving - Turkey, stuffing, pies etc. But with DH's parents we have a Mexican Thanksgiving! At about 7pm the same day. We get stuffed TWICE! LOL and have left overs for 2 weeks, bahahaw!

Christmas is the same. family. Christmas is celebrated at midnight on the 25th with his family. And then my family does their Christmas in the after noon on Christmas Day It's super fun the two traditions. And then DH and I have the entire rest of December off from our jobs and we don't have to go back until after New Years. Too bad Boo won't be here sooner! LOL 

I love the holidays!!!

Shana

Shana
Wife to Diego
Mommy to Luna and Panda - Furrybabies
Soon to be mommy to Xavi - Due April 27, 2014

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-19-2013 - 12:12pm

I have a real fear of sharing baby's name before he/she is born.  I'm afraid people will make rude comments and I'll just get upset. Anyone else have this fear?  WIll you be sharing your name choices before baby is born?