Sex During Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Sex During Pregnancy
Wed, 10-09-2013 - 8:45am

Imagine going 9 months without sex. Wait-why would you ever want to do that? Pregnancy doesn't mean sex is out of the question-in fact, that's when many women find themselves wanting it more than ever.

Sex positions during pregnancy-
http://www.ivillage.com/sex-positions-during-pregnancy/6-a-126791?ice=iv:mb:msg:kp

Safe sex during pregnancy: 10 things you need to know- http://www.ivillage.com/safe-sex-during-pregnancy-10-things-you-need-know/6-a-144557?ice=iv:mb:msg:k...

How has your sex drive been since you've become pregnant?  Any tips you'd share for keeping passion alive throughout your pregnancy? 

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-21-2014 - 1:55pm
Mine has been on an off with my current switch in the ON position. Problem is, my husband gets home at ungodly hours (think anywhere between 11 pm and 1 am) and by then I'm completely wiped out. The only real tip I have is to enjoy each others' company and get it when you can. I find that impromptu romps can be very fun and the element of surprise is always a good thing. Also, experiment with different positions. Being that I'm getting the belly faster with this baby than with my son, my husband and I have adopted almost like a T shape. We start off with him on top and gradually switch to the T, which consists of him laying horizontally (across) and me vertically (up and down). It works better that way. Obviously I'm not going to go into detail but discomfort in sex isn't something you compromise on. ~A.C
iVillage Member
Mine has been on an off with my current switch in the ON position. Problem is, my husband gets home at ungodly hours (think anywhere between 11 pm and 1 am) and by then I'm completely wiped out. The only real tip I have is to enjoy each others' company and get it when you can. I find that impromptu romps can be very fun and the element of surprise is always a good thing. Also, experiment with different positions. Being that I'm getting the belly faster with this baby than with my son, my husband and I have adopted almost like a T shape. We start off with him on top and gradually switch to the T, which consists of him laying horizontally (across) and me vertically (up and down). It works better that way. Obviously I'm not going to go into detail but discomfort in sex isn't something you compromise on. ~A.C
iVillage Member