Sick as a dog

iVillage Member
Sick as a dog
Sun, 10-06-2013 - 10:56pm

Just wanting to vent.  Just at 11 weeks, and I can barely hold down my own spit most days.  This is with Naseau meds and I have tried 3 different kinds now.  I have missed several days of work, and everyone there knows since I have loud violent puking..lol.  It was so bad a few days ago that I had to go to the hospital for fluids from dehydration.  The only thing that helps me to only puke once or twice a day (instead of 5-10) is zofran.  Problem is, I have to decidof between puking and pooping when I take it.  TMI, but I didn't poop for 6 days the last time I took it a few weeks ago.  I am on day 2 of no puking, but not pooping for two days.  I went through being sick the entire 9 months with my daughter, but it wasn't this extreme. Anyways, I just wanted to vent and see if anyone else has the hypernesis gravidarim like I do?  If so, what is working for you?!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-08-2013 - 9:02am
Oh my gosh! That sounds SO SO miserable! I'm so sorry you've been so very sick. I really hope that you don't have to deal with this the entire pregnancy. HUGS coming your way!!!
Community Leader
Fri, 10-11-2013 - 11:24pm

I did up until last Saturday, 13 weeks exactly.  Vomiting 10-12 times a day, ended up in hospital for a week because of it.  Nothing helped, including Zofran, and Maxeran interacts very badly with one of my regular meds.  Fortunately it stopped all at once.  Now I'm nauseous in the morning, when I have an empty stomach, and when something really doesn't appeal to me, but not vomiting like I was.

I hope you start feeling better soon.  Maybe this pregnancy will be different and you won't be sick the whole time.  Being so ill sucks, big time.