Ellie Elizabeth

iVillage Member
Ellie Elizabeth
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:22am

Fast & Furious! Whew, it was a rollercoaster of a day to say the least!

I had an appointment this morning at 8:15 and my doctor said I was 2-3. She said there were def. changes from last week when she saw me, yay! Well, I get home and decided to keep busy to see if I could stir things up. I made homemade beef stew (my dads famous recipe) and these yummy bars that my sister likes.

(side note) My 13 yr. old niece has been staying with us since July 31st and my sister, is coming this weekend to pick her up to go back home to Wisconsin. My niece was with us during Ellie's arrival!   

Anyway, got all that done and the whole time was having contractions but nothing terrible or that consistent. So got my oldest from summer school and we sat down to have lunch. After lunch I noticed I could time them to about 4 min. apart. I called my husband and told him to be on stand-by and I'd call him after an hour to see if anything changes. I decided we should go for a walk, which really got things going! I called my husband and he decided to pack up at work and come home...contractions were about 3 min. apart sometimes 2 at times. Once he got home I called L&D to let them know I was coming and we got the girls over to the neighbors and headed to the hospital. We check-in at about 2:50 and the triage nurse did a vaginal check at 3:00 and said I was 8-9cm dilated already, Holy Smokes! Needless to say, I was getting a room! My doctor arrived about 20 min. later and offered to rupture my membranes, which I was happy to have her do! At this point contractions were about every minute with about 30 seconds between each one. As soon as I was ready to push her head was out! Found that the cord was around her neck one time, which they got off right away and with another push she was here! They took her right to the table to check her over and after a couple minutes she started to cry....music to my ears! She was never blue and wasn't limp but thankful she came around quickly! So back to the subject line "Fast and Furious" she was born 59 minutes after arriving at L&D! Everything went according to how I wanted it; I was able to donate her cord blood, no IVs or meds and no epiciotomy or tears!

Ellie weighs 7lbs. 7oz. and measured 19 3/4 in. She has a lot of dark hair as well! Here is my 29w 4d picture and a few pics of Ellie!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 2:44am

Congratulations on your daughter. She's beautiful! :-)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 10:26am
Fast and furious indeed! Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl. She is beautiful! Welcome to the world, Ellie!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 11:44am

Congratulations! You both look great!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 12:00pm
Congratulations on your beautiful girl!!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 1:12pm
Aw, you're adorable and baby Ellie is just perfect! What a little sweet heart!! Every baby I see just gets me more excited for this LO to arrive. I'm so glad your labor was fast and no complications. CONGRATS and way to go mama!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 9:47pm
I love hearing these amazing birth stories :smileyhappy: Congrats!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 9:03am

Congratulations!!  She is beautiful!  And you look freakin fantastic!  Seriously - you do not look like you are just before and after labor!!  Both my girls were actually 7lb, 7oz...I love that size!  Glad all went well!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 1:39pm
Welcome to the world, Ellie! Congratulations on your beautiful girl!
Photobucket