I have a SON :-) Update with birth story

iVillage Member
I have a SON :-) Update with birth story
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 3:11am

Nolan Charles was born on August 19 at 2:47 PM weighing 8lbs 6oz and 21 inches long. 

He is PRECIOUS!  I'm over the moon in love with this little guy.

---Update---

Contractions started around 6:30 PM on August 18.  Semi regular, semi uncomfortable and I was sure it was false labor.  We went for a walk and I felt really drained.  Came home, put kiddos to bed and watched "A League of Our Own" ;-)  After the movie was over the contractions hadn't let up but hadn't gotten any worse so I decided to go to sleep around 10:00 PM.  Around 11:00 PM contractions started waking me up.  After about 3 that were able to wake me out of a sound sleep I decided to get up.  So we got up around midnight, called mom and sis and headed ou to the hospital.  Got to hospital around 1:00 AM and was still only 3cm dialated.  I was sure they were going to send me home.  They told me to walk for an hour and then they'd check me again.  Did, and I was 4cm dialated.  They still wern't sure that I was going to be admitted but didn't want to send me home just yet so told me to get in the whirlpool and they'd check me again in an hour.  I did, got out and was 5 cm dialated.  I was officially a keeper.  Doc came in and asked to break my water around 5 AM but I said I'd rather wait a little bit.  At 10 AM I was dialated to 6cm and agreed to break my water.  This little guy didn't come out until 2:47 PM!!!  Little stinker!!!!!!!!  It was by far my longest labor, by far my most painful labor and by far my easiest pusher.  He came out in 2 pushes before the doctor could get her gloves on.

One traumatic point, and probably the reason it took him so long to come out was because his hand was on top of his head.  So when doc checked me and I was 8 cm she had to push his hand back up in me around his head.  I started BAWLING it hurt so freaking bad!!!!!!  From that point on any time they went to check me I just kept saying, "Please don't hurt me!"  It was super traumatic and I'm not kidding you, it hurt so so so so so so bad!

I ended up getting a shot of Fentonal after that encounter because by that time I was going on 14 hours with out food, close to 20 hours without sleep and I was so extremely hungry and tired that I just couldn't make it the last 2 cm.  They gave me the shot of fentonol and I swear it didn't do anything.  10 minutes later I was ready to push, I argued with the doc and the nurse about my pushing position.  They wanted my feet up in the stirrips and that just felt so strange and unnatural and hard that I wouldn't let them do it.  While they were turned around talking about me like I couldn't hear what they were saying, I pushed twice, doc yelled at me to wait until she got her gloves on, I ignored her and pushed him out ;-) 

He is a PRECIOUS baby.  I am 10,000 % in LOVE with him.  He is cute and sweet and nursing great and I haven't put him down since he came out.  He is awesome.  His sisters love him, although the little one did glare at both me and him when she came in and refused to kiss either of us ;-)  She'll get over it. 

Leah, my 6 year old, has bee having a really rough time with me being in the hospital.  She just keeps saying that she misses me and that she doesn't want me to hurt and she's been crying a lot.  She's such a sweet sensitive little thing. 

So thats the 411 on Mr. Nolan.  He is just a ray of sunshine in our lives.  I couldn't be happier.  SO so SO so So in love!

I'll update more later.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 11:49am

Congratulations! You have a beautiful family.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-24-2012 - 12:39pm
Awww, I love this story and that you followed your instincts! :smileywink: congratulations! Hi, Nolan!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 9:08am
Congratulations! He looks like an angel!
I'm sorry to hear the birth was so painful, but happy that it went so well.
You have a beautiful family.
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 2:34pm

Congratulations Chelsey!! He's such a cutie!! Enjoy your new addition!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 11:00am

Congratulations on that beautiful baby boy!!  And I love the pic w/ the whole family - it's just wonderful!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 8:45am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby BOY! He is just precious! Welcome to the world, Nolan.

photo snowsiggy.png