A little overdue...

iVillage Member
A little overdue...
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 2:32pm

Jackson is 2 weeks old today and I still haven't posted my baby update. Jackson Weldon arrived August 28th at 11:29 am. He was 8lbs and 20.5 inches long.

At my 40 week visit I talked to the doctor about being induced because my mom was in town so she could watch my other little one and also because I was still nervous about my failed BPP and just felt like he was better out than in. The plan was to go to the hospital Monday evening at 8pm. They would give me oral Cytotec up to every 4 hours to ripen my cervix (was 2cm and 70% thinned) and then Tuesday morning they would start Pitocin. So I went to the hospital as planned and started with my first dose of cytotec. My mom ending staying with me so we hung out played on the computer and waited for the contractions to start. I started getting contractions pretty quick but was unable to feel them so around 11pm we went to sleep. Around 1 am my nurse came back to give me another dose of cytotec but I was already contracting so she said she was gonna hold off on the dose. Although I could feel the contractions I was still able to sleep so I slept until about 6 when the nurse came back again. She informed me that they were holding off on the Pitocin until they had more staff on hand because they had a lot of admissions through the night. At this point I also got a new nurse who was awesome. I decided at that point to walk the halls mostly because I was bored. When the resident and my doctor checked me around 8ish I was 5cm and still around 70% thinned. My doctor wanted to break my water but my nurse asked her to hold off because they were still understaffed. Around 9:30 am my doctor came back to check me and break my water and I was the same but she was able to break my water. I decided to sit on the birthing ball for a while because I had so horrible back pain. I did that for about an hour and my dr came back to check me again. I was 6 cm and still about 70% but my pain was getting worse so I decided to try the shower for some pain management. I was in the shower for 2 or 3 contractions and decided that I just couldn't do the natural thing anymore. Around 11:00 am my doctor came in to check me again and I was the same so I decided to get an epidural and then when I was comfy my doctor would check me again and if needed start some Pitocin. Within a few minutes my contractions got to the point where I couldn't cope at all so I was screaming for pain meds. Then I got the pressure in my butt. My nurse checked me and thought I was complete but had the other nurse confirm it and she agreed. I went from 6cm to complete in less than 20 minutes. My nurse called for my doctor (twice) and in just a few pushes Jackson came into the world. I got my natural delivery after all.

We are now 2 weeks out and I feel really good other than being tired. My 2 year old is so in love with her little brother but she thinks she is the mommy so we have had our fights. He is a pretty easy going baby which makes things easier on me so I hope it stays that way. Fingers crossed.

Mandi

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 8:05pm
Congratulations on your son!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-11-2012 - 2:41pm

Forgot to post pics...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers