Maximilian Raphael is here and he's a big boy!

iVillage Member
Maximilian Raphael is here and he's a big boy!
Mon, 08-13-2012 - 12:33pm
Hi girls ! He's finally here! I don't know what ended up working, I spent the past 2 days trying to get him out. Started getting contractions at 2:30 am and he was out at 8:24. 20 inches and 9 lbs! He's huge and heavy, pooped on me as soon as he came out and was instantly hungry :smileyhappy: I'll write more later. Back labor again, but quicker and no pitocin so easier to bear. So glad he didn't wait until the due date. I'd post pics but iPhone no letting me- any tips?
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

We're home!

Here are some pictures and a brief overview of how it all went down.

So as you know I spent my Sunday doing the Ice Ice baby dance, going up and down stairs making sure I make my hips go all sexy and round :smileywink: I ate Chinese food both Sat & Sun, DTD, you name it-I tried it.

I went to bed around midnight, thinking about how I should pack my DD's bag in case we need to drop her off somewhere. I was just about to fall asleep when my back started hurting. I wasn't sure if it was from all the jumping around, but couldn't fall asleep, being all vigilant. I kept getting up and going to the bathroom (I'd been bleeding for 4 days at that point which was freaking me out) and the back pains kept coming and going. I started timing - it was about 5-6 minutes. I woke up my DH and called the hospital. He called his Dad to tell him we were bringing DD over. He woke her up (4 am - poor thing was sleepy and scared) put her in the car in her PJs, as I packed her bag. We got to the hospital at 4:30 am - I was only 4 cms. Got into the L&D room around 5:30. It was back labor again, all the pain was in my lower back, I kept considering the IV drug, but the thought of having to stay in bed due to the drowsiness made me not want to do it (I'm a control freak, gotta be able to move). I stayed in the shower, with DH pouring warm water on my back. I felt like I had to poop, but I wanted them to check to make sure the baby didn't come out. I was 8 cms at that point. They broke my waters and about 5 minutes later I was 10 cms and pushing. I had such a hard time with the head  - it took 5 pushes, it felt like he was crowning forever- I could feel his head and hair. Strangely enough, he wasn't squished at all - his head was nice and round- so weird to not see a conehead! I didn't tear much either- I had 2 stitches. I was up and walking around 3 hours later, like nothing ever happened.

Comparing to my DD's delivery - I was a lot more involved in the decision making. It really helped that I didn't have the stupid Pitocin and could walk around. I didn't even have the monitor on. They asked me about breaking the waters, too. And I know the fact that I didn't put on that much weight made it easier for me to bounce back - I felt and looked better, could put my pre-preggo fancy PJs on, a little make-up.

Max is amazing, I can't get over how big he was and I thank Vanilla Ice for help in getting him out before the due date. The doctor said he would have been close to 11 lbs full term- not sure if I could have handled it without medication and I really didn't want that.

Here are some pics- right after delivery, a visit from Big Sister around 10 hours later and one taken a few mins ago at home.

Max-day1.JPG

Julia&Max.JPG

Max-home.JPG

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Congratulations!! Yay!

iVillage Member
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby boy! Welcome to the world, Maximilian!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member

Congratulations!  Can't wait to see him when you get a chance!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

congrats momma! I love the name!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member

Congratulations and can't wait to see pictures!

iVillage Member
WOOOHOOO! I know what worked...the baby dance, duh! My first baby was 9lbs 6oz ;-) Big babies are awesome, they seem to me to be happier and more content. I'm glad he didn't wait until his due date either. Can't wait to see pics and hear more details. I'm thinking its time for me to start the baby dance.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see his chubby sweet face!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Congrats!

Sorry to hear about the back labor, that must have been rough, but at least he came out quick.. So happy for you, can't wait to see a pic!
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Congratulations on your son! :-)
Photobucket