Zoë is here! (update with the birth story & pic)

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Zoë is here! (update with the birth story & pic)
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 5:43pm

Will give more details later, but she was born at 8:57am today. Came so fast, her little face is bruised. 8lbs 3 oz and 20 inches. Labor was fast. NO epidural--no time!!

Should go home tomorrow and will give more details and some pics. She's quite awesome--just a little honey pot .

Thanks for the well wishes! Hope everyone else is doing well!

-----

Here's the update!

Got to the hospital at 5:30, pitocin at 6:00, the doc broke my water at 8 (still at 4cm) and then things got pretty real pretty quick. Within 5 minutes I was having serious contractions. By 8:30 I had the urge to push, and I was 8cm. So I had to NOT push and wait for the doc (she broke my water and left to go to the office, which thankfully is only 10 minutes from the hospital). I had about 6 nurses in there with me all doing stuff and telling me not to push, helping me to breathe through the contractions, etc. Oh, and no drugs, right? I had decided that I didn't want them, and by the time I changed my mind (and I did change my mind!!), it was way too late for that! So then, not sure what time exactly, I was finally able to push, and maybe 6 pushes later she was born. It was SO FAST.

The pain. OMG. The pain was so awful. I couldn’t even open my eyes and I was whining like brat for sure! Oh, everyone says I did a great job and that I didn’t whine hardly at all because she was born so fast, but I felt like I was the worst patient ever. I remember apologizing for cussing – they all say I only said the F word once, but I know I had to have said it 100 times -- maybe it was all in my head but I was cursing like a sailor, I just know it! It’s all pretty funny now, but I was just in a totally different place. I don’t know how women volunteer to do this naturally. It was just so painful to me. And that ring of fire. Wow. Yes, totally a ring of fire!

And, what I didn’t know at the time is that the cord was wrapped around her neck. She’s very bruised, and Kramer thinks it’s because the doc was pulling her head to get her out of me because of the cord (he said the doc was literally was tugging on her face/head to help get her out of me). She looks like she lost a boxing match. Better today, but still has a bruisy face. I have to say that maybe all of it was providence. Maybe if I'd had drugs, the labor would have been longer, and she may have been in distress over the cord. I'm SO GLAD that it went down the way it did, even though it hurt so much.

Anyhoo, we got home around 1pm and we're all settling in -- she's resting with her daddy now. She’s a bit jaundiced, just slightly, so we have to go in to the ped tomorrow and get her checked and go from there. But she’s pooping like a champ – 3rd one was today (and a LOT of it!!) just now and that helps with her bilirubin count according to the nurse. So, as long as we keep her fed and poopin, she’ll be ok. We have to feed her every 3 hours, 20ml (an ounce, seems so little to me) or thereabouts. It's easy to do -- she LOVES to eat. Hard to not let her eat too much!

And I feel fine. I mean, I'm a bit sore, but I'm not at all in pain. I took an ibuprofen after she was born, and that's all I've had. I figure if I can birth without an epi, I can heal without serious meds as well. But I do have an Rx for 800 mg motrin and I'll get that filled, just in case I end up needing it.

Here’s a pic hubs took after she was born, but I’ll get some better ones once she lets me dress her. She HATES clothes. I didn’t even dress her in her coming home clothes – just a onesie (it's also wicked hot here in TX and she doesn't really need clothes in the Jeep unless the air is full blast, and the ride was only 10 minutes so barely long enough to cool the Jeep). Wasn’t worth her screaming over. LOL. She’s a diva, what can I say. :smileyhappy:

IMG_0090.JPG

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 6:38pm

WOW, she must have come fast! Glad that she's finally here and everyone is doing well! Looking forward to pictures too!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 7:35pm
Ahhh, wonderful news! Congratulations, Brie! Happy birth day, Zoë!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 7:38pm
Congratulatons on baby Zoe! :-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:03pm
Congratulations! Wonderful news!
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 10:35pm
Congratulations!!! So exciting!!! Enjoy your new bundle!!!

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:35am

Congrats, Brie! I'm so happy for you!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:18am

Congrats Brie!  So exciting baby Zoe arrived.  Glad you & she are doing well!  Looking forward to the pics!  (when you can!!)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:26am
Congratulations on the birth of your sweet baby girl! Welcome to the world, Zoe!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:33am
WOWSERS! She came fast! I'm so glad! Way to go mama!!! Hope you're recovering well. I know she was worth the wait ;-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:09am

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics. She is a birthday buddy with Mason.

Photobucket

Pages