6 weeks looking like 6 months & overly sensitive about it :(

iVillage Member
6 weeks looking like 6 months & overly sensitive about it :(
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 4:13pm

It all started when the cashier at the grocery store asked me how far along I was. I'll admit I lied and said "like 7ish weeks" because I realize I'm showing WAY TOO soon. I think I'm bloated more than anything, but it's also my 6th pregnancy (if this pregnancy is sucessful it will be my 4th child). Even so, her jaw dropped. She said, "You have got to be having TWINS!" I just laughed and said, "Don't say that, my husband may run away!" Then a friend asked me to post a baby bump picture on Facebook. My feelings were really hurt by the responses I got. The obvious twin comments, someone said I'm going to be on TLC's "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant..." until the 9th month, one of my BEST friends asked me why I even posted the picture, another friend asked me what I shoved up my shirt because there's no way that's the baby already, and told me it's abnormal! Now I'm bummed and feeling insecure. I want to delete the picture, but everyone will think I'm being a big baby. Is anyone else really showing already especially if this isn't your first pregnancy? I was also heavy before I got pregnant, I have a tilted uterus, and inward curved spine which I'm sure all play some part in this besides just bloating :(

iVillage Member
Aw I'm sorry. People can be so stupid and insensitive. Don't worry about the haters, just focus on growing a healthy baby. Especially if this is your 6th pregnancy of course you will show a bit early. I'm sure you look great btw.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

this is my fourth pregnancy w my last baby being born in may 2011....plus, ya know, im no skinny minny anymore.

IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
People are rude, and I never understand why they feel like they have the right to say stuff to pregnant women. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I am soooooo bloated right now, and I am surprised no one has asked if I'm pregnant yet!!!! I would take the picture down if you don't want to deal with the comments. If people think you are being a baby, maybe just tell them to stop being so mean spirited!!!!
iVillage Member

Some people just really do not get it at all. When I was pg with my Abby (granted I was 7 months along), but my father in law commented 'You're as big as a barn.' I about cried right then and there. And then, inevitably, people feel like they need to say things like.... really, you're only 6 months???I had a friend when I was pg with Penny and everyone told her she looked ready to pop any minute when she was only 7 months along. I knew her feelings were hurt.

I would not let other people discourage you. If the picture was bothering me on FB, I would delete and not care if people thought I was being a baby about the whole thing. You just do not deserve to have to tolerate people who are rude. I tend to be a little more assertive about things. When people would say things hurtful to me when I was preggo with Pen, I would say something like 'ouch' and once, at a small store, the cashier did the whole 'wow, only 16 weeks... wierd, that you are showing that much'... I promptly walked out and took my business somewhere else.

iVillage Member
Thanks ladies, every one of you made me feel better :) Plus a good friend of mine took me out for Red Lobster & cheered me up too!
iVillage Member

This is my 7th pregnancy and I look like I am at least 6 months prego also. I was not like this with any of my other pregnancies, so I am a little concerned about twins. I am lucky and live thousands of miles from anyone I know... actually you girls on this board are the only ones who know that I am expecting again besides my husband. I am worried about going to my 1st Dr appointment on the 18th because of the sudden weight gain... Don't let other people bother you, us BTDT moms have earned the right to start showing early :)

pregnancy calendar
iVillage Member

Im sorry that people are so inconsiderate.