anyone else excited for the hospital stay?

iVillage Member
anyone else excited for the hospital stay?
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 6:56pm

i am.

IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 4:20pm
Oh I'm so nervous about the hospital stay! Hospitals make me so nervous! I'm nervous about everything having to do with delivery.... I did read on my packet that my husband will get vouchers for meals at the hospital's "5 star dining restaurant," for whatever that's worth!!! LOL!! Guess we'll find out. Meanwhile, I was like, "hey wait, do I get the 5 star food too??" :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 4:55pm
Aww, I'm jealous. I just looked at our hospital website and we have a regular cafeteria. Not one word about any stars, nevermind 5!! I hope hubby can bring you a doggie bag. It'll probably be in foil shaped like a swan! :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 7:08pm
the foods not so bad at mine. plus theres a "moms kitchen" (also avail. for ur support person) right in the maternity ward w loads of drinks, popsicles, sammies, pudding, jello, cakes and pie. not bad rly. but i hv heard of awful food being served too so....im sorry lol
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 7:13pm
i kwym...w my first i labored 36 hrs (not naturally, but my epi lasted only like 12 of those hours), and i had people in n out the whole time...except for the crazy night hrs. i ended up w a c/s that i was put completely under for and went back to my room w pretty much everyone still there and my new baby boy alrdy in his going hm outfit! needless to say ive wised up lol. i get c/s and i dont get to rly rly be w the baby for about a half hr so i made sure to tell hubby, "no one holds the baby but you till i get my skin to skin time!" and even then it was just my mom waiting in my rm.
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 7:16pm
oh that sounds lovely! our maternity ward was built about 8 or 9 yrs ago so its fairly new. they hv nice big jacuzzi tubs to labor in if ud wish and theyre all ldr rms so i dont hv to move all over. which is always awesome
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 7:17pm
right? its so nice. while i do miss my kiddos i know theyre well taken care of and mostly just worry about them missing us =(
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 7:24pm
your post made me lol cuz i feel the same way!! i love taking the tour to see whats new in the moms kitchen and the menus too. plus i love maternity wards....theyre exciting when you know youll be having a lil bean too soon. as for asking hubby to leave--w our last baby, hubby wouldnt wake up for anything one time. i called his phone that was right next to him, tried yelling out his name (but not too loud cuz it was the middle of the night), and even threw things at him. hes a heavy sleeper, but it was too much for me...i started crying. i was sooo frustrated. i didnt wanna call the nurses cuz i felt embarrassed asking them to come wake up my husband...idk why. neways one ended up coming in to check me n the baby and he woke up--go figure lol
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 7:28pm
ya rly...lol

i guess i dont mind hospitals cuz ive had positive experiences...maybe. idk. mom and dad get a nice dinner one of the nights you stay. granted its from the same caf as everything else its stuff you cant usually get.
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 8:43am
I can't wait too. I love being the one being taken care of for a change! And the food is pretty good at my hospital and I can order something at anytime of the day or night!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-28-2012 - 12:17pm
Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!