Anyone else freaking out about being in their 3rd month of pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Anyone else freaking out about being in their 3rd month of pregnancy?
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 8:02am

I know a lot of you are much further along than me because my EDD is the very end of the month (8/30), but tomorrow I'm 8 weeks...one week away from entering my 3rd month of pregnancy! This is freaking me out a little!!! This is baby #4, a surprise, and my last, so I have several things running through my head. 1) We are TOTALLY UNPREPARED. I have NOTHING for this child. Ok, ok, I lied. I have a crib, mattress, and I'm getting a pump with my tax return. I could vomit though just thinking about all the things I need and all the money I do NOT have LOL. Plus I really doubt anyone will throw any sort of shower considering this is baby #4. Even if anyone did, EVERYONE I know is preggo right now...and with their first, maybe 2nd. But my point is it's kind of pointless. Eveyone is just exchanging gifts right now. If that makes sense. 2) This is my LAST. I want to savory every minute of this pregnancy (I'm sure I'll eat those words when I'm 30+ weeks pregnant!) It's already going in a blink of an eye! 3) I always go early, never premature, but my earliest was 3 weeks, that was with my second, my third I went 10 days early, not so bad. Either way I'm banking on about 2 weeks early, which means even less time to prepare! I'm freaking out just a little. Anyone else?

Pages

iVillage Member
We have almost nothing for our baby also. I have kept the playpen from our oldest for nieces and nephews, but our own kids rarely used it. I have a sling and a bumbo.

This is our 5th. Our youngest is 4y. We got rid of everything and thought we were done, but we are not.
iVillage Member

I'm 11w3d and while I'm not necessarily freaking out, I do get overwhelmed if I think about all of it too much. It's #4 for us also, unplanned also,

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Freaking out yet...nope we have sooo long yet,LOL

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
It's already going too fast for me! I started spring semester and I cringe when I think about how when this semester is over (and they always seem to fly by...) I'll be approaching my last Tri! Yikes! I do agree with Brie though, things always have a way of working out. It also dawned on me today that Kmart & Sears have layaway. That made me feel alittle better :0)
iVillage Member
Well, my DS is 2, so we still have a lot of stuff from him. I kept nearly everything, because we were planning on having more. So I am grateful for that. I would like to get a swing and I will *fingers crossed* be getting a pump (BFing didn't work out last time). So all in all I'm glad I'm getting into my second trimester soon, cause that means m/s will be DONE! lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm getting a little freaked out about having to give birth again. Before I was pregnant I was like "oh man, I wish I could give birth again, it's so much fun!" but now that I realize it's actually happening I am terrified of the pain again haha
iVillage Member
When we went in with Jake and they were inducing me, I remember crying that I couldn't do it. I was absolutely terrified. I'm hoping I'll be braver this time, but probably not. I'm such a wuss. It's a wonder I have any children at all. LOL. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
im not freaking out really. i feel like we still have tons of time actually. also, my youngest is only 8 months right now so we hv a lot of her stuff still. and it was all pretty gender neutral except for her bouncy chair and of course her clothes. what i really really want this time is a co sleeper and a momaroo type thing. not necessarily a momaroo ($200..yikes!) but something different from a swing and bouncy chair. oh and also we need a new car as ours only fits 5 people. ya...thats a big one, but hubbys getting a severance and of course taxes are coming so im not too too worried about it. ill worry when i need to...lol.

and our house is a 3 br...so we have room, but dont at the same time. we are gonna be switching rooms around soon. the babies will be bunking w me and hubby for a while and the older 2 will have their own rooms for a while. and once the babies get bigger we will handle it from there.
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member

Yes and no. This pregnancy already seems to be taking longer than my last few. On the other hand, we have nothing for this baby either. Our youngest is almost four. Although we thought we might have more after our last, the plan was to wait until she was around 5 and see how we felt about it. We have since moved across the country so we weren't going to keep everything for just in case. Plus car seats expire in 5 years and the crib we used for all of the kids needed to be replaced. I gave everything to my neices and nephews. I guess I am not so anxious for the pregnancy to end quick, but I am for school (I graduate at the start of Aug.) So between school and working full time, I am beat and cannot wait for school to be over!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm not freaking out too much yet.... when I get into my 2nd trimester I think it will kick us into gear. We're in a 2 br apartment and that 2nd room needs to be completely made over into a baby room. It's a combination office/guest/junk room and is drafty in the winter, so LOTS to do in there! :)

Pages