Anyone else single and pregnant?

iVillage Member
Anyone else single and pregnant?
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 12:34pm

About a month after I found out I was pregnant I found my boyfriends online dating account, it was open and I read a lot of messages between him and other women. Some local, some even knew about me. Althought he says all that happened was talk, I find it hard to believe, there were conversations about where, when etc. I even spoke to one on the phone. He was planning on meeting her on a work trip, she had no idea about me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 7:11am

I've been a single mom but never while pregnant. I imagine it's got to be a bit daunting to say the least. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, though.

Have you talked to legal aid about your situation yet? I hope that you will, and that you will seek financial support from the father. Whether he pays support or not, he'll have a legal right to see the baby, unless you can prove that he would be a danger to the baby. Were it me, I would start keeping a journal about any interactions with him, just in case you need to protect you and the baby from him at a later date. IMO it's just best to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I wish you luck in this new chapter of your life.

And congratulations on your pregnancy. It's a shame that you are all in this situation, but babies are a blessing and it sounds like you're on the right track. Having a good mom will make all the difference in the world, for both the new baby and your 2yo.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 10:21pm

I hope he gets help. Counselling, and stops drinking as much as he does. If he does I'd love for him to be a part of the baby's life. I love him very much, but what he did was wrong, and he needs to realize that.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 5:39pm
ditto to what they said. im not single, but i wanted you to know i think youre awesome for being so strong. you not only left a man who wasnt treating you like he should, but youre going ahead w the baby (and your ds) on your own. that is amazing in my book. may i ask what youre going to do once the babys here? will you allow the father to be a part of your lives? or are you just moving on completely w out him?
 IAmPregnant Ticker<
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 11:48am
I'm not in the same boat as you, but I did want to just tell you I think you are incredibly brave!
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 2:31pm
I am very sorry for your experience and what you're going through. I think it is fantastic that you're keeping the baby. The baby is just as much a part of you :0) I am not single, but I'm pregnant LOL! Sorry I was trying to add some light....this is a great place to vent and talk all things baby.