Baby registry?

iVillage Member
Baby registry?
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 5:53pm

If you're a BTDT mom, are you creating a registry? If you're a first time mom, have you gotten started?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 8:22pm
I did one with Quinn, not sure if I'm going to do one with this one yet. If I do, I will wait until we know the gender. There are a few "big" things I want/need that I didn't get with Quinn. A swing for one, a breast pump (although I may rent a hospital one at first and then buy), a new changing table, maybe a couple other things.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 9:51pm
Hello, I'm jumping over from the July 12' board. Hope you dont mind =]

I had one with DS and it was somewhat pointless since I never had a shower. I have been thinking about it with this little one and maybe we will tomorrow =] we still have not started any shopping and need to do so =O
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 12:14pm
I am a btdt mom but we are going to create one because we know we will have at least one shower at my work. We also didn't keep anything for this one because we figured after they had been handed down three times they were getting kind of worn.
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 1:09pm

I've done one with all of my kids, including this one.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-10-2012 - 7:19pm

I highly doubt anyone will throw me a shower for #2. It would be very shocking to me if they did. I have considered registering for a few things that have really been worn out since #1... washclothes, bibs, etc. Who knows? I don't really feel a real need to run out and do it!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 8:32am
I use mine as a shopping list too!! I did one with my first and I have started one with this one. I am having a boy this time, so it will be fun to get boy themed stuff! I am having another shower because my best friend is awesome. :-) Might as well give people some direction! :-)
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 9:57am

We got rid of all our baby stuff before I got pregnant with this baby.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 10:32am

I've got one, but really it was just for me for shopping, as others are doing. Now I've got an amazon wish list which I'm finding to be more helpful.

The gal at the auto place where we take our Jeeps told me the other day to let her know when my shower is, and I just laughed. We're on #4 for starters, and, she's about the only soul I know here in TX. Hubby said something about the gals at the hotel throwing something for us, but I doubt that will happen. He's a hard-ass (not in a bad way, but he has an extraordinary work ethic and sadly, they do not which means there is a lot of bumping of heads), so I'd be surprised if they did anything for us. Which is fine -- I certainly don't expect anything.

As it is, I just ordered the crib & mattress, and have enough clothing for several baby girls for the first few months. I really just need the car seat, which I will get a BRU (Britax all the way here), and maybe pick up a stroller at Once Upon A Child. Then we're pretty much set apart from diapers, bottles, formula and those little baby incidentals. I was really nervous about not having anything, but feeling much better about everything now. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-12-2012 - 12:24pm

First timer here and I have definitely already been working on my registry! Honestly, I started on it when I did because I was using it as a shopping tool (like you girls) to bookmark things I liked, etc. But I know I am having a shower (possibly 2) so it will definitely come in handy It's hard to stop buying stuff but I am determined not to buy anything else on the registry until I have the showers!!

We did buy the crib, mattress, and bedding. And we already have some clothes we got at a big consignment baby sale, which was awesome! So I gotta be patient for the rest!