Is Baby Sleeping Through the Night?

iVillage Member
Is Baby Sleeping Through the Night?
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 11:19am
“Is your baby sleeping through the night yet?” may be the most annoying question for a new mom. (Not quite as bad as, “When are you due?” six weeks after your baby’s birth, but pretty close!) According to the National Sleep Foundation, 70 to 80 percent of infants sleep through the night by nine months of age -- but that statistic provides little comfort when you’re up at 2 a.m. (again!) desperately rocking the baby. Besides, who wants to wait a full nine months to get a full night of sleep? Here are some tried-and-true tips to help your baby settle in for the night so you can both get the sleep you so desperately need!Read More http://www.ivillage.com/how-get-baby-sleep-through-night/6-b-315266#ixzz2BSaF7y1X

Is your little one sleeping through the night yet?  If so, when did that start?  If not, how often does he/she wake up?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 12:04pm

Sean's up usually once a night, between 3 and 4am. Not bad, and about what his big brother was doing at the same age. I'm trying to get my DH to do what he did with our oldest, which is a variation on dream feeding. Mainly because our boys wake up when Daddy picks them up, not sure why. But I ask him to feed and change the baby at around midnight since he is still up himself then most of the time. Its just not happening as much as it did with Quinn, and I haven't figured out why yet. I'm hoping that Sean continues to follow in big bro's footsteps and starts sleeping through the night at around 5 months :) It was very nice for all of us.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-06-2012 - 3:25pm

Josh sleeps from about 7:30 until about 3:30 to 4:30 AM. So that's an 8 hour stretch. On occasion he wakes up randomly between Midnight & 2 AM. I'm happy with it... as he nurses, and falls back asleep and stays asleep until 6 or 7 AM. It works for us!

Photobucket