Babymoon anyone?

iVillage Member
Babymoon anyone?
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 9:42am

So....

Yesterday I came up with a wonderful idea of going on a babymoon! I'm looking into destinations (not far from home, I don't want it to be ridiculously expensive and hubby and I will be leaving our 3 year old daughter at home). I live in Boston, found a cute inn with an appealing babymoon package up in Maine. I basically want to get away about a month before my due date, since I seem to be incapable of relaxing at home.

Any of you ladies planning to go on a babymoon?

Funny thing is, the babymoon suite in this particular package comes with a jacuzzi tub. Isn't it dangerous to take a bath in the last trimester? All I can think about is how I want to go in that jacuzzi...mmmm....

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 10:24am

Funny you posted about a babymoon.

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 10:54am

I might end up having a C-section, too (placentra-previa) :smileysad:

I know about water-births, but just taking a bath in the last trimester I heard wasn't a good idea, since you won't be able to tell if your water broke. In my first pregnancy, I took 1 bath (literally, one) in my last trimester, and it was after my due date. I dried myself with a towel and then noticed that the inside of my thigh was wet. I couldn't quite tell if it was the bath water, it seemed more slippery than that. Next morning I called my doctor and he made me come to the hospital so they could check - apprently my water leaked a little, so basically it broke, but only about 1/4 cup leaked and then the baby must have 'corked it' or something. Weird, but what if it happens this time?

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 2:27pm

My husband and I took a mini vacation in March. We do a lot of camping in the summer. We'll

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 2:44pm

Yeah, we do those things to, try to go away for at least a weekend trip every few months without our daughter and then of course there are datenights at least once a month, ya know, to keep the flame alive ;) But this is something I thought of as a way for the 2 of us to concentrate on the fact, that we have another kid on the way and life will never be the same :) I feel like this kid gets soooooo much less attention and this trip would be a way to change that

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 5:13pm

We won't be doing a babymoon with just the two of us. But I would like to get away for a weekend to stay in a hotel and do some sight-seeing with both DH and DS. Spending time relaxing and vacationing for the last time as a threesome. We're thinking about doing a weekend trip to Kansas City which is only 2.5 hours from us. We're going to get a hotel and do some fun things there like the brand new aquarium and Legoland.

Photobucket