Breast health update...

iVillage Member
Breast health update...
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 8:28pm

So I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound guided core needle biopsy. Was able to get my doc to prescribe me a Zanax (one little pill, which she only did because her nurse begged her to for me), so once I sign away all my rights (LOL) at the hospital tomorrow, I'll take it and hopefully they'll give it enough time to kick in before they stick me. I'm really scared about the procedure. I'm such a needle and pain phobe. And, it's my boob, right? Even though they'll numb me, that numbing is going to hurt. I've prayed about it and I know this is just going to be one of those goofy post-partum things, but I should've been praying for bravery all this time because I feel like Piglet at this point. Scared of all the things!

To make matters worse, the nurse told me today (when she called to give me a run-down on what will happen tomorrow) that I cannot pick up Fat Baby for at least 24 hours. And, a co-worker has had this done and told me that I won't be ABLE to pick her up -- it won't be a matter of wanting to or not, I'll just be too sore. How bad is this that I cannot pick up the wee one (ok, she's got to be pushing 21-22 pounds at this point, but the nurse doesn't know that!!).

Anyhoo. I'm nervous. I know it will be ok and that no one dies from this procedure (ok, I don't know that no one dies because I'm afraid to google it, ROFL), but I'm on the verge of flipping out. I wish I could really convey what a wuss I am. Seriously, it's only the Grace of God that I've had 4 children. I'm truly amazed that I did that birthing thing 4 times. Smile

If you wouldn't mind keeping a happy thought for me, I'd really appreciate it. I need all the help I can get here, ladies.

Oh, and by the way. I did create a FB page for us, for this iV transition phase where things are a bit wonky. I'll send out invites, but in the meantime, if you want to PM me to get the invite quicker, feel free. Conversely, you can do a search for August 2012 Acrobats and find us that way. It's just me and the 2 Megans right now. Smile (Forgive me -- there may be more than 2 Megans -- I am so much better with boardie names than real names!)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 11:02am

Thanks, Sara. We're home now. It wasn't too bad. Hardest part was the numbing, that hurt a bit. But, I didn't cry or faint, so that's good! Now we wait for results. My doc should know what's what by Monday.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-27-2012 - 9:42am

Got happy thoughts headed your way Smile

Photobucket

Pages