The Dangers of Shopping Carts

iVillage Member
The Dangers of Shopping Carts
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 10:32pm

Such a sad story... A three month old baby after her car seat sitting on top of a shopping cart tumbled off the cart.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2040559/Baby-James-Anderson-Berg-dies-falling-shopping-cart-Macon.html

When you go to the grocery store, how do you carry baby along with you? Do you set the car seat on the shopping cart's seat? Do you wear your baby? Hearing a story like this would you change how you do things at the store?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 1:35pm

With my older two, I had a Graco infant seat and it actually would click onto the top of the cart - so I always did that.  With this LO, I have a Chicco Key Fit, and I never could get it to set right on top of the cart, so I've always put her in the bottom.  Its such a sad story.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 12:26pm
Such a sad story. :( I would always put the car seat in the basket of the cart. I was always so worried about this very thing happening. Better safe than sorry for sure! I never had a wrap/sling that I liked and used regularly, but that's a great option to keep baby close to you while shopping.

photo snowsiggy.png