Did M/S hit you suddenly, or did you feel it building up?

iVillage Member
Did M/S hit you suddenly, or did you feel it building up?
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 6:12pm

Just wondering what everyone's experience has been since this is my first.

iVillage Member
I have been super queasy, but not much getting sick. It came on all of a sudden......I forgot about this part of pregnancy.....lol
iVillage Member
My experience (with my last 2) has been that my m/s starts around 6 weeks, last week same thing, I woke up with that empty stomach feeling and just felt like real nauseous. I've also been getting horrible headaches that last for days. I chew on a piece of mint gum to help me get over that feeling of yuckiness..
iVillage Member
I am still really early (4 weeks) but I feel "queasy" at times. My real isur is heartburn which occ makes me a little nauseated, but thats it so far. I was lucky enough with DD to have the heartburn only, never morning sickness.

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member

I think it really varies, both from person to person and from pregnancy to pregnancy.

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Just wondered...I keep feeling really gross in the morning and can't figure out if it's going to get worse or if it's just this pregnancy's morning sickness for me.
iVillage Member

I think it just comes on... when one day you just feel a little slightly nauseous. That's how it was with my first and that's how it's been so far this time around. I don't have much problem in the morning. It's mainly the afternoon and evening when I feel slightly carsick (that's how I'd discribe it). I was lucky enough to avoid vomiting with my first. Knock on wood, that will be the case this time around as well. I was just in a constant state of carsickness each afternoon and evening for a few weeks.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
With DD#1, it came on all at once, BLAM, right at 6 weeks. I also got a migraine, so I thought it was just that. But once the throwing up started and didn't stop, I realized what it was. I couldn't really eat much of anything before about 8pm.

This time around, I would get a little queasy around 5 weeks if I hadn't eaten, and then a couple days shy of 6 weeks, it turned into full-blown 24/7 nausea. It is certainly much, much worse first thing and if I haven't eaten for 2+ hours (makes sense about the morning, considering it's been 7+ hours). I have to find something to force down (toast, banana, ginger snap), and then I'll feel sort of tolerable, very queasy but not about to puke. That continues as long as I eat, but if I get really hungry, it's straight to def com 10. So those are my two experiences so far! I'm sure other ladies will chime in (although this board seems to be pretty lucky in terms of m/s--not a lot of ladies seem to have it!).
pregnancy