Everyday gets longer...

iVillage Member
Everyday gets longer...
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 10:11am
When the Dr. checked me Thursday he said I was 3 cm. Then last night I had my bloody show and contractions were 20 minutes apart. I managed to get some sleep, and today I'm cleaning and going walking. I feel sick today, very neasuous. I swear everyday gets longer and longer and each "labor" sign gets my hopes up only to wake up and silly not baby time.
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 9:01pm
With my second pregnancy I was 5 cm at 38 weeks, baby didn't come until 40 on the dot :-( LONGEST two weeks of my entire life.

My only advice is to try to relax as much as possible, take a bath, get a massage, do things that you really enjoy, watch tons of movies, anything to get your mind off of it. Baby will come when he or she is good and ready.

Try having sex too, that can do more good than anything. GL, I know it's hard.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 10:30am

I have been 3 cm for almost 3 weeks..... and last night had some serious boughts of contractions. I also managed to fall asleep thinking I would wake up last night in LABOR.

I woke up...feeling like a train hit me.... VERY tired, as though I did NOT sleep...sick to my stomach, pressure... back pain. Just feeling very OFF. Did not feel this way with DD 2 years ago...and HOPING this is not my destiny for the next 3-4 weeks....because I am NOT feeling so "hot"..... With DD I was FINE, happy to be PG right up to the day I went into labor. This little man has been torturing me since 26 weeks.

Essentially..... I FEEL your pain. And I am SO sorry that you are ALSO playing the waiting game.