Family Almost Outed Me on FB!

iVillage Member
Family Almost Outed Me on FB!
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 7:38am
Ack! Almost got outed on FB!! I shared the news with my mom and two favorite aunts on Christmas. One of those aunts must have told another aunt who told my cousin's wife. She posted a comment to my status about loving my PB&J late last night... about how PB&J makes a great preggo breakfast. Ack!! Since I'm working the early shift (up at 2 AM), I think I've caught it and deleted it early enough that no one has probably seen it. I have now sent an email to all my extended family to share the news and tell them NOT to post anything on FB and that I will be telling the FB world mid-January. Ugh.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 11:29pm
Gotta love facebook lol :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 5:05pm

Exactly why I havent told but my 2 closest friend and a FEW family members. I cannot stand how quick facebook spread things!! Ahhh facebook, the thing I love to hate. haha! My SIL had our wedding photos on FB within an hour of us getting married. I unleashed! Made her remove them ALL and had a nice little talk... Wether its a marriage, baby, heck anything, if its MY news, then I will be the one who tells it!! Hopefully you got it in time!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 1:12pm
We've only told a few people, all who know if they tell ANYONE (Nevermind say something in facebook) I'd kill them!! I'm going to tell work after first appointment in Jan because I'm a nurse and there are certain things I should avoid if possible at work. Other than that I'm holding off on telling most people until after my 12 week appointment in Feb.

Hope you caught it in time for no one else to see! I thinks it's very presumptive to publically talk about a pregnancy that the couple hasn't even told you about!

Jenn (28) & DH Zach (28)
Married 9/24/2005

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 12:00pm
I only told close family and my 08 expecting club friends, I didn't "officially" announce it on FB yet though. I have my first appointment next week.
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 9:39am

That's why I haven't told any of my family yet. Especially not telling my mom. We are waiting until we see or hear confirmation heartbeat to tell people. I wouldn't even mind family knowing earlier, but because of FB, I don't trust them not to slip. My mom is so bad about three weeks ago she visited from Arizona and kept asking and we kept lying, but she still managed to tell my brother and SIL that she thought we were either pregnant or trying. She has probably told everyone anyway! But at least she doesn't have confirmation. I really don't want to have to untell people if something happens.