Glucose test already

iVillage Member
Glucose test already
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 5:28pm

So I didn't have gestational diabetes with my first child, but I had it borderline with my second.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-08-2012 - 10:21pm
This is my 4th baby and I have had gd with all my pregnancies. I test early probably around 8-10 weeks. My gd ironically gets better each time (knock on wood). First time I was insulin dependent. Four shots/day using two types of insulin and pricking my fingers like crazy. 2nd I took a pill to help control my blood sugars. 3rd time I went into for the one hour...you figure I'm a pro at this by now. I've done 2 one hours and 2 three hours...nope vomited all over myself (sorry if TMI). So I refused to redo it. Since I had my meter still the OB just had me start monitoring my levels and sure enough my fasting/morning readings were typically abnormal,but I was able to keep a good handle on my sugars by diet alone. This time I'm flat out refusing the test. If they want to treat me like a diabetic this time around I still have my meter and will happily test with my meter and follow a diet plan. I will not vomit on myself again though LOL. Best of luck to you and sorry for the horror story. It actually is not that bad if you can control it with diet and I love getting an ultrasound every 4 weeks and NSTs towards the end where you just sit back and listen to your baby's beating heart for 30-45 minutes :)
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 8:57pm

Not yet, but the crnp wants me to do a 24 hour urine test to check for protien, and a bunch of other bloodwork, and a ekg..cause you know, I have time to do all this stuff :smileyfrustrated:

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 7:06pm
Sorry, I'm no help. I've never had one that early.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-07-2012 - 5:34pm
I had to take it already and it was borderline and now I have to tasked the 3 hour...boo!