Got a AWESOME news at my WIC appointment today

iVillage Member
Got a AWESOME news at my WIC appointment today
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 2:05pm

Normally I don't like WIC, I really haven't had good experiences with them, but financially I need the help. I was told that because I'm going back to school full time after the baby is born, they will GIVE me a brand new $200 electric pump!!!! Not until he is a month old, but they will also give me a hand pump until then. I forgot to ask what brand, but I will when we go back next month to certify me and the baby, I will. I also got some good news from  my daycare as well, they have a stated 6wk old minimum to take kids, but she is willing to take them younger if/when mom's need it. And since I can also take him to class to with me as well, I'm looking pretty set. I'll prolly put him in on Thursdays because I have a lab that day, and don't like the idea of him being with me with all those chemicals.

I'm not looking forward to introducing him to an alternative feeding (bottle, cup or syringe, whatever ends up working then) that early, school will be starting when I'll be about 2wks postpartum, but I'm sure we can make it work for one day a week :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 1:01pm
It surprised my mom a little bit that they would give me a $200 pump, but then I mentioned the whole average of $2,000 dollars for a year of formula VS. a $200 pump. Much less expensive to give pumps to working/college moms :smileyhappy:
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 9:42am
That's fantastic! I had WIC when my 3rd was born, and they also gave me a Bravado nursing bra and reusable nursing pads. No pump though.

Gotta love it when the universe lines up!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 8:26am

That's fantastic! It's great that everyone seems to be so supportive!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-26-2012 - 8:06am

Such great stuff!! Glad to hear that you're going to be all set!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8