Green teamers

iVillage Member
Green teamers
Tue, 07-24-2012 - 10:58am
Do you have any gut feelings?

Have you had any "prophetic" dreams?

I finally had a gender dream last night. It's a boy!! I text this to my husband, who responds that that's crazy, because he also had a gender dream last night, and it's a girl!

So we still have no clue. Ha.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 2:07pm
I watched that movie for the first time this pregnancy, and was literally on the edge of my seat! I thought it was great. And regardless of birth setting, it made me feel so powerful! A great watch before any labor!

My other kids will be here. I labored at home for my last baby, and was okay with having them around. I then birthed in the hospital, so they haven't experienced that. My aunt - who is like my mother - will be here for the birth (and is this baby's godmother) and will take pictures for us, and help talk the kids through things as needed, late in the game. My neighbor, who is one of my best friends, will also watch the kids, as our plan is to let them run in and out, and be there at their own volition. My oldest, Tommy, who will be 8 on Aug 5, wants to announce the gender. Both tommy and Jolie plan on cutting the cord together after it stops pulsing.

Ive shared videos, both tame and very graphic ones, with the kids, so they can see what birth looks like. Jolie is nervous about blood; to her that means pain, and she is scared for me for that. We've talked a lot about it though. My midwife has been amazing with getting them involved too.

So, bottom line, I'd love for them to be there. If I change my mind during, they have loving places to go. And I think I've prepared them as best I can. I cannot wait to get this started! I've never felt so ready or excited for the actual process of labor and birth. I'm reading some Ina May right at this very moment. :smileyhappy:

I love birth stories! Can't wait to start reading everyone's! I find myself checking into the board as much as I can, just to see if any little ones have joined us, just to hear about mama's incredible feat! So excited to share this with all of you!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 1:58pm
I watched the "Business of Being Born" again last night. I've watched it at least once during every pregnancy :-) I love the idea of having a homebirth, it just hasn't worked out for us and I'm okay with that. Are you going to video it? Will your other kiddos be present at the birth? Was your husband on board from the get go?

I'm getting so excited to hear the birth stories!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 10:14am
I totally agree! I'm so excited to find out in that moment! The suspense is KILLING me!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 10:11am
Chelsey, I'm totally craving sweets. I'm not normally a chocolate person, or an ice cream person, but those have been my cravings this pregnancy. So maybe mine is a girl???

I am in NC. My CNM has been practicing for over 30yrs, with the last 3 being her home birth practice, and all the years prior in either a midwife practice, or private OB, or naval hospital setting. She's delivered over 2500 babies!!!! She does accept insurance, but unfortunately not mine, bc it's military, and since she left Naval, it's a "conflict of interest." However, it wasn't terribly expensive.

Our first route we tried to take here was a birth center. It's about 3 hrs away, but with my long labors, we thought it would be okay. However, when I spoke with them, they required I do all my appts there too! So not gonna happen! Once I met my midwife though, there was a great connection, and I knew we were making the right choice.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 10:04am

I've had no intuition/feelings/dreams or anything that makes me really think boy or girl either way.  I was like this for my other 2 also.  Lately, most people generally think boy.  However, 75% of people said that about my last baby and it was a girl - so really, I'm not sure that means much!!  Apparently several of the old wives tale signs like how I'm carrying baby point toward boy.  But I feel like I am carrying similar to my last - so again, I'm not too convinced. 

We did get a pic at the 20 wk U/S that a friend claims shows the sex.  Based on that - although I don't really know what I am looking for - I think it shows girl (i.e. no little penis!) - but that is again, something else that may mean nothing really!  I have another U/S on Aug 3rd - and it is getting hard not to find out!  But only 4 more weeks, so I can do it!  It is making it very exciting!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 8:54am

I had so many dreams while I was TTC about babies - but since I've been pregnant I haven't had any dreams involving my baby -- weird huh?

Anyway, DH is positive it's a boy and of course the ultrasound tech kept telling me about "him" - which I'm sure she did because she didn't want to call the baby "it". So these two things put together make me think boy. Also, we have a girl name picked out and it was very easy to agree on a girl name but we cannot agree on a boy name so that also makes me think it's a boy.

Oh well - we shall find out in about a month :smileyhappy:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 7:58am
Based on food cravings alone I think this baby is a boy. It's not so much the cravings as it is the things I'm not interested in. With all of my girls I've absolutly adored ice cream, with this baby I just have no desire at all to eat ice cream. I actually only desire to eat when I'm really hungry and when I'm really hungry it's always been something like a hamburger or steak and I'm usually not a meat person.

I also had 2 dreams that this baby was a boy. One of them he was a black boy (both my husband and I are white) so I don't know how much stock I can put into this :-) But with all of my girls I always had dreams that they were girls.

Nikki, What state do you live in? Was it difficult to find someone to preform a home birth? What about insurance, did they pay for anything?
Photobucket