Having to spill the beans...

iVillage Member
Having to spill the beans...
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 1:05pm

DH and I have been planning to wait until at least our first ultrasound to tell anyone about our expected bundle which is scheduled for January 11. However, I'm a nurse in one of the largest emergency departments in our state. I'm exposed to all sorts of toxic substances and patient populations that put me and my baby at risk. That being said, I've had to spill the beans to some of my assignment partners at work. So far, I've only done it when I felt like there was a situation I needed to avoid (like being in the room with a patient getting an xray or taking care of a patient with certain disease processes). And so far the ones I've had to tell are very discrete people and I know they won't blab it all around the department. I know to be completely safe I have to tell my coworkers and I know they will take care of me. It just makes me so nervous for my coworkers to know so soon. With my previous children I didn't tell anyone at work until I was past the 12 week mark. Back then I had an office job where I didn't have direct patient contact.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-14-2011 - 4:24pm
I had to tell work as well and things travel very fast so everyone pretty much knows now. I really wanted to wait till after the u/s but I had to turn in a note saying no lifting so that kinda spilled the beans.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-15-2011 - 12:15am

I am also a nurse, but do home health, so even if I can't lift a patient only the family will know. I won't have to tell anyone that I work with.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-15-2011 - 11:00am
I'm also more nervous this time, I don't know if it's cause of the m/c's or just cause I already have two happy healthy babies and I feel like I'm pressing my luck or something. I'm not sure but I am way more nervous!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic