Hello Aunt Flo!

iVillage Member
Hello Aunt Flo!
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 5:41pm

She's back! Ha ha! I'm pretty sure there's a thread about this already but I can't find it!! I think some of you were saying yours came back after 2 months, others were a lot longer? It's been almost 2.5 months for me, so I'm actually pretty surprised it's already back! I'm a little worried that the bleeding will mess with my iron again, but so far I feel ok! (actually today I feel more energetic than I have in at least 2 weeks!)

Although with pregnancy there can be some other big nuisances, I have to say I enjoyed not dealing with the old AF! Ha ha!

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 10:02pm

What!? Aren't you full-time breastfeeding? That seems WAAAAY early for a period to come back.. unless you're no longer breastfeeding. With my first, my period didn't return until 7 or 8 months. 

I don't think I can say congrats... because not having a period is one of the benefits of nursing. Ha! You poor thing :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 8:03am

I've had 3 so far (Zo was born on Aug. 1) -- Sept 10, October 6, and October 25. The first and 3rd were particularly awful. But that third one was after I got the Mirena, so I think that's pretty normal to be a bit wonky. I'm due to have another one any day now -- already starting to spot and feeling a bit crampy. I'm getting closer to that 26d cycle I used to have before Zo and the Mirena.

I have a tracker app on my iPhone, and it makes it very easy to see what's what -- highly recommend it (any app at all, really).

But, I'm FFing, so it would be normal-ish for me to get AF back not long after giving birth. Never been a BFing mom for any length of time, so not sure what's normal for that, personally. I have read that it varies from woman to woman, though. I hope it's not too awful for you!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-14-2012 - 4:24pm

Yeah, I'm still BFing full time, so I was quite surprised to get it back so early!! It's a little different than my normal ones though, so far it's lighter but longer, and hardly any cramps, so maybe they'll be like this until I stop BFing! I wouldn't mind that! We'll see! Knock on wood my moods seem OK too! Ha ha!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 8:37am

Darn, I jinxed it!! Here come the cramps!! :(

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-15-2012 - 3:46pm

I'm on my second AF post baby, and OMG. I never had cramps before kids, I had some after Quinn, occasionally and quite mild. This time around, I skipped class the last 2 days they've been sooo bad. They're giving me an upset stomach and everything. Midol only reduces the pain a little bit, so I added some ibprofen as well, still only reduces it. But at least I can study for my Medical Terminology test tomorrow.

Photobucket