Hey Hey Hey, Ladies!!!

iVillage Member
Hey Hey Hey, Ladies!!!
Mon, 10-22-2012 - 10:50pm

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I've been MIA. The combination of being back at work and the changes to the board have really kept me away.

I just want to see how you all are doing? Please give us some updates on you and baby!

My update is that I'm going on week 3 back at work. It's going pretty well, just already sick of basically every moment at home (before and after work) just involves preparing for the NEXT day at work. It's exhausting. Once I get the kids fed and asleep, then I start washing bottles, storing pumped milk, thawing milk and prepping bottles for the next day and repacking backpacks and diaper bags for daycare and preschool... oh yeah, and then getting all my stuff ready - cleaning my pumping accessories, making lunch, deciding on my wardrobe for the next day...

On that note, I'm SOOOOOO frustrated. I know it takes time to get back to your former body and weight. But I'm sick of it!!! If I wasn't nursing, I would totally cut down to 1000 cals a day and get this weight OFF. I have a promo shoot and photos with my weekend news team tomorrow and I don't have anything that fits or if it does fit, it's just the ugliest frumpiest outfit ever. Grrr. I'm so depressed. Hating on the body right now. I really wish I could remember how long it took me to get back in my clothes after my 1st. And with the nursing, I'm still so hungry... and I have a hard time getting to the gym due to the list I posted for my after work life each day in the last paragraph. There is no way to fit exercise in there! I didn't get to sit down for the night until 9 PM. :( It was non-stop as soon as I got home from work.

And to top it off, my hubby is back to travelling for work now. He went away once when I was on maternity leave and now this is his first trip with me back to work. I could never be a single parent. His trips away make me appreciate how much he helps me with on a daily basis with the boys.

I'm sooooo sorry for all the whining above. But I figure if there's any group I can whine to, it's you ladies... you're going through it with me.

How are you all feeling?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 10:12am

You know, we don't do it enough, either. Some days we get a couple times in, but other days, none at all. And, she generally hates it, which doesn't help. I think the most she's gone at one time is 5 minutes. But usually at 3 or 4, she's done and yells to be picked up.

She's rolled over 3 times now (Saturday, Monday, today), and we got the last two on video. She's only a bit earlier than when Libby and Will did it. Jake did it several times when he was 19 days old, but then didn't do it again until about this time. It's funny because as chunky as she is, you wouldn't think she could move that big ol' body. I just bought her some 12m onesies because of her belly and her long torso -- they fit so much better apart from the sleeves being a smidge too long. Big ol' girl. Has a checkup tomorrow, so will be interesting to see just how big she is!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 9:14pm

It sounds like Zoe is doing really well! Yay on rolling from belly to back :) I'm guilty of the fact that we probably have not done enough tummy time with Joshie to get him making that milestone yet. We need to get better on tummy time.

Hopefully, your body will get used to the Mirena soon so you don't have to deal with the daily spotting. I think I remember when I first got mine... I had random spotting for a while as well, but it got all straightened out eventually.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 9:43am

As far as feeling a bit overwhelmed, I can relate... while I'm not BFing, there's always something that needs doing with regard to either of our 4 children, the house, work, etc. I think yesterday was my first Saturday since Zo was born that I didn't do ANYTHING that needed doing -- I just hung out with Zo and actually read 5 chapters of a new book. It was glorious! But, in the back of my mind I was thinking about all the things I could be doing, and now I'll have to get to those things today. <sigh> But, a day off is blissful, and was well worth it. Smile

It's a juggling act during the week though. Hang in there. It eventually will get easier. I hope! This is the first time I've had to work and have a little one, so I don't know what to expect from one day to the next.

As far as how we're doing otherwise, we're great. I got my Mirena several weeks ago and that's been fun. Been spotting since day one, and started my period a full week early. I'm keeping track of all my symptoms to show to the doc when she checks me out again on the 7th. But, I checked out the Mirena FAQ and I seem to be normal, so that's good.

Zoë reached another milestone yesterday -- she rolled over from her belly to her back. It was very cool, but this is the first time I didn't have my iPhone on me during tummy time, so I didn't catch it on video. But I'll get the next time. I was the only one to witness it, too. Usually Libby does tummy time with her, but she was out with Jake picking up one of his friends. She was really disappointed that she missed it.

She's still not on any kind of eating or sleeping schedule, though she is sleeping for 4-5 hours that first time she goes down at night. After that, it's every 2-3 hours. Kind of a bummer, but we'll get there eventually. I'm sooo tired.

Not much else to tell. She's still a cute, happy baby at 12.5 weeks old. Awake more, smiling all the time, and giggling a lot. Oh, and she finally has control of her hands, and they're often in her mouth.

Hope all the other mommies and babes are faring well!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 10:42pm

Thanks so much for the pep talk :) I was really down on myself last night. I figured if anyone would know how I'm feeling right now - it would be the ladies here! Plus the added stress of the hubby being out of town, it really got to me. 

I think I may do a little shopping next month to find at least one outfit I feel good about. The money is tight right now because my last pay check was my last from my time on maternity leave and it was only like $200! Yikes!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-23-2012 - 12:59pm

Oh, Megan, I am sorry things are so tough for you right now! Things will settle down. I don't know how you do it! As far as getting back to pre-baby size, it will come. You probably already look amazing. It sucks that even if you weigh the right amount, the clothes don't fit right. I could have sworn that I got back down to size sooner. I feel like a big ole lump of skin and fat right now. Hardly any of my clothes fit either. I am just glad right now I don't have to dress up for work. (though I guess it sucks because it means I haven't gotten a new job yet :/ ) Maybe you could go and buy a new outfit that makes you feel good. I know we don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe for an in-between size, but maybe just one that fits now. I know what you mean about exercise except I really don't have an excuse except laziness. I keep thinking "tomorrow I will do something," and by the end of the day I still haven't done anything. Breastfeeding and pumping feels like a full time job. I hate all the prep work and cleaning, trying to find the right time to slip away to pump at work, and waking every few hours at night. I still plan to do it for a while, but am almost looking forward to being done (is that bad to say?) I don't really have much advice for you, but I hope things get better for you soon. You can always complain here anytime. I know it is hard for me to get to this message board and it hasn't been to active lately. We have a lot of busy mommas here.

Photobucket