Hooray For August!!

iVillage Member
Hooray For August!!
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 4:15pm

Woot!  It's the month that our babies will be born (hopefully) :smileyhappy:  That is, unless I am more than a week overdue, in which case I will cry.  I've never been overdue before, I've always gone right around my due date.  Leah was 2 days past her due date, Nora was 2 days before her due date, and Lydia was on her due date.  I'm hoping this LO wants to come a week early because being pregnant throughout the entire summer with reccord breaking heat isn't my idea of a good time. 

I go from being extremely excited that we're going to have a brand spanking new precious little baby to love on and cuddle with and be nursing all over again and over the moon in love with, to terrified that I'm going right back into the whole no sleep, feed a baby every 2 hours, dealing with colic, breast feeding issues, sibling issues, healing after the delivery and all the pain that goes with that.

I've started nesting BIG TIME.  I've never had the urge to nest before but for some reason this time I can't seem to relax until everything is in a row.  I start maternity leave on Friday...WOOT for that.  So I've been scrambling to get all my loose ends tied up before then.  I made 12 freezer meals yesterday (hello insanity!)  And tomorrow I plan to clean the fridge and the pantry out. 

Anyone else as excited and or terrified as I am?!?!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:38am

I am totally with you on the cross between excited and terrified!  I still have 3 weeks from today.  And that is a week early - but part of me wants it to be sooner b/c I am so excited!  I just absolutely cannot wait to have that little baby in my arms!

On the other hand when I think of the baby coming early - I get terrified.  That could mean the doctor I want won't be able to deliver the baby and plus there are things I'd prefer to get done before then etc.  I have a mental nesting going on - b/c there are all sorts of things I want to do at home - cleaning, organizing, pulling out all the baby stuff etc.  And I've been doing what I can with that - but I just don't have the energy to do as much as I want as fast as I want - which is why the baby can just stay put!!  We don't have much going on this weekend for once - so I am hoping to get most of what I want done - just in case!  Then I think I will be less nervous/terrified.

I will say, even having the repeat c-section kind of makes me nervous too!  I'm not exactly sure why.  I had a planned one the last time and it went fine - so not sure why I'm worried about this one, but I mean it is a big surgical procedure, so probably normal for me to be nervous.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 9:36am
Sounds like those contractions are making awesome progress. When labor does kick into gear it will probably go fast. I can't wait to hear if you have a boy or a girl. So exciting!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 7:39pm
I am feeling the same way. Terrified and excited. I had over 12 hrs of rhythmic contractions today, that eventually ended. My mw came and checked me and baby. Everything looks wonderful, and I'm 3-4cm and 80% effaced. I was so excited today could be the day...and then it just wasn't. But hopefully within the next few days, things kick into gear. My aunt will only be here until Sunday...so I'm feeling pressure to perform so to speak.

All my nesting is done. Thank god. I've never nested except this pregnancy, and it's been an experience. I'm over it. Ha.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-01-2012 - 4:39pm

I'm tired just hearing about your nesting!   Unfortunately I didn't get anything cleaned, I just skipped to the **go crazy** part.  I envy your energy!

Horray for August... !  I can't wait for more of the babies to be born...  !!!!