Hospital Bag

iVillage Member
Hospital Bag
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 12:00pm

I know that it is still very early...but, I want to start getting a list ready of things I will want to make sure are packed and ready to go to the hospital

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: kbeth85
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 11:18am

Pictures with the baby LMAO

I looked so nasty after my delivery that there were no pictures of me for about 2 weeks... I need make up to FEEL better about how I look - with the redness, puffiness, broken capillaries, zits, ugly hair - least I could do was to put some powder on to make my face be one-color and some mascara.

And people came to see me and meet the baby in the hospital. You can't really say no (I know you can, but I really couldn't, I felt bad) when people suddenly announce that they will be in the hospital's neighborhood and want to stop by and congratulate you. And you look like a goblin.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 12:04pm

Pictures are so nice to have when you feel like **you** in them.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 4:24pm

I work for a TV station... and cameras will show up at my hospital room at some point to get video of the new little one and satisfy the curiousity of our viewers. There's no way I go without make up for that! :)

Plus I have a bit of roscea and very very red skin! I at least need some foundation to cover the redness. And we will be having visitors and taking photos, so I'd just like to look semi-decent for that.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 5:53pm

See, no one comes to visit us in the hospital, probably because we're always out within 24 hours. Plus, I don't want anyone there, really. And, now that we're in TX with no family/friends, it won't be an issue.

I don't wear much makeup, so it's not like I'll be totally dolled up. Just a bit of gloss, mascara, eyeliner, and blush if I'm feeling really ambitious. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 8:54am

I don't care do much about what I look like to the people who stop in since its just family and close friends...but I want to not look totally gross in pictures.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-29-2012 - 12:55pm

I honestly don't recall what I've taken in the past. Funny.

This time, I think I'm taking just a few things:

• Camera/charger
  • Cell phone/charger
  • Travel size shampoo/conditioner/curl cream
  • Maybe my blow dryer, but probably not
  • A few cosmetics, just the basics
  • Something to wear home
  • My nook, though I doubt I'll have the time/inclination to read
  • My pregnancy journal so I can keep track of the event
  • Maybe a few snacks, some beverages
  • Diaper bag:
  • Couple outfits for baby/socks/hats, have
  • Onesies, have
  • Swaddling blankets - need them
  • Binky - have
  • Petroleum jelly/butt paste - have
  • Car seat, and we already have that, too.

That's about it. I'm not taking anything to change into right after I deliver because with 6 of us at that time, I'll have enough laundry -- whatever I end up wearing is going to get all manner of bodily fluids on it, so I just don't want to deal with it. And, the more we take, the more we have to bring home so I just want to try to keep it simple. And, if it came down to it and I needed something, Libby could bring it (hubby wouldn't know where to find anything, LOL).

Honestly, with the way things are going, I'll be lucky to remember to bring half of what I want. If I manage to bring a couple outfits for her and the car seat, I'll call it a success! :smileyhappy:

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8

Pages