How much longer till I don't look pregnant?

iVillage Member
How much longer till I don't look pregnant?
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 10:30pm

Today in Starbucks some woman congratulated me on my pregnancy.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.  (Little one was outside with my Mom.)

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
I ran to Wal-mart real quick while my 3 yr old was supposed to be napping.... he never slept and his room was a disaster when we let him "up", but oh well. I was over looking to see if they carry fenugreek just in case I need it and a lady mentioned the fact that "well, your expecting", I just said "actually I have a 3 day old at home" and I think I at least slightly mortified her, lol. Maybe she'll quit making assumptions, even if I do look a lot like I did at about 4-5 months along.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Ugh, I hate that! It takes a little time, but it will go away. Your uterus was streched to its maximum compassity for 9 months, it won't go away in a few weeks.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

Sorry you had to deal with that.  Here you are w/ a new baby and being able to get out a bit and then having that.  But you just have to ignore that - that is really the best thing.  Give yourself credit for just birthing a beautiful child!  And who cares what anyone else thinks!  You will get back to "normal"...in the meantime - just focus on your "bundle of joy" and tune out anything like that!  :smileyhappy:

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 11:08pm

Sorry that happened. I hate that everyone thinks as soon as we pop out a baby we're just back to the way we were before. Are people that stupid, hello it takes 9 months to prepare to have a baby.