How to tell between stomach upset and cramping...

iVillage Member
How to tell between stomach upset and cramping...
Sat, 12-10-2011 - 12:35pm

I'm having a hard time differentiating the two.

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-10-2011 - 2:26pm

I don't really know how i can help answer this question but i've been having a combination of very mild cramping,my stomach feels empty but bloated and i get a little queasy when i first get up in the morning.I also don't have much of an appetite.Are you feeling sharp pains on one side and does it get severe where you can't move or hurts when you turn to the side?I think aches,mild cramping,queasiness,bloated feeling is part of early pg symptoms.Hope this helps a little :)

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-10-2011 - 2:27pm
Hi I'm preggers too. Due in Aug. This is my second. I have had mild cramps, bloating and a few Sharp pains. But I know its just the early stages and my body adjusting to the enormous amount of hormones. I think your ok. Try walking a bit if u sit too long I find that helps the bloating and fullness feeling.
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-10-2011 - 7:11pm
I think it sounds like normal "early pg" stuff. With my DS, I found that the prenatal vitamins made my stomach feel that way- sort of bloated and crampy and tight. I started taking them right before bed and it helped me not feel so blah during the day...
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 9:36am

I agree that it does sound like a lot of early pregnancy symptoms. It's pretty common to be bloated at the end of the day or to feel queasy at the end of the day. In the first trimester, it's pretty typical that I'll start the day fitting in a pair of pants but they are too tight by the end of the day due to bloat. I also tend to have my queasiness at the end of the day.

Photobucket