How Is Your DH/SO Staying Involved?

iVillage Member
How Is Your DH/SO Staying Involved?
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 8:50am

How involved has your partner been

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 9:31am
My DH is into the prenatal care much, but after the baby is here he's very helpful. It was the same way with DS, it does annoy me occasionally when I want his thoughts on something and he doesn't seem to care. I've finally learned that its not that he doesn't care, its that he will "go with whatever" I say because I've done the research and he hasn't.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 10:51am

Hubby hasn't been to a prenatal appt since we were pregnant with Libby. His work schedule just doesn't allow it. He's upper management at a hotel and he's there far more than he's here.

However, he kisses my belly every morning, talks to the baby every night, and does keep tabs on how I'm feeling, what I need, etc. He even offered to do the weed trimming for me -- that's saying a lot because I don't know that he's ever used a weed trimmer in his life. I've always been the one to do anything and everything related to the house and the kids, and sometimes the cars depending on what the issue is. I'm super handy and very independent. Oh, and thrifty. LOL.

As long as he's in the delivery room, I'm all set. :)

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 8:55am
Hi Sara,

My DH was the same way. I think that for some guys it can be difficult for them to really get into the prenatal aspect too much. It's awesome that your husband is so helpful with baby care! That's when their involvement is so important!

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-29-2012 - 8:55am
What a sweet guy, Brie! You know he's awesome when he offers to trim the weeds. Love it! :)

photo snowsiggy.png