How's everyone doing with baby supplies?

iVillage Member
How's everyone doing with baby supplies?
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 7:22am

Have you ladies started buying things yet?

We've been going strong ever since we found out we're having a girl. Yesterday was another successful shopping day for Libby and I -- biggest finds were at Once Upon a Child. Picked up a really nice Chicco stroller for $60 -- would have been about $300 new. It needs a good washing (high today will be in upper 80s, so I'm thinking we'll hose it down this morning and it will be dry by early afternoon), but otherwise it's in amazing condition. Got a cute bouncy seat for $20 -- not sure this thing was ever used, it looks so good. Also, a lot more clothes. I really need to stop buying clothes. Hubby is good with it though -- just wants me to be happy. LOL!

Also picked up a mattress pad and a sheet... I found the quilt I want on Pottery Barn Kids, but it's on back order until the end of May so I may find something else. I don't recall being so picky with the first 3 on bedding, but apparently I'm really picky this time. Maybe because she's our last?

Libby picked out the diaper bag, so now we've just got a few more things to get. I'll order the carseat either next week or the following payday, then we need bottles, formula, baby wipes, butt stuff, a few more sheets, and the baby bathtub and all that goes with it. And then I think we're pretty much set. I don't think I'm nesting necessarily, but I just will feel better when we've got everything we need and I can stop worrying about it. I'm still up in the air about a swing and some sort of sleeper for the living room, but those aren't must-haves in my mind just yet.

Anyhoo. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten completely crazed with baby stuff just yet. It's still early, really. I'm think I'm just a bit out-of-control. LOL!

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 9:43am
Nope, no shopping for new baby here, lol. I need to go through the stuff that's been in boxes since Quinn was little before I go shopping. And because Quinn and this are relatively close, the only big thing I have a need of a want for is a swing. I purchased Quinn's back-up seat to be newborn friendly, and Quinn conveniently just outgrew it, lol. And I still have all the big stuff I got with him, pack 'n play, crib and mattress, sheets, exer-saucer, big box full of toys.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 5:21pm
Nothing here yet! We're hopefully finding out the sex on Wednesday so I'm definitely going to buy a few outfits after that :) My first two were winter girls and this one will be summer/fall, so regardless of sex it'll be a season off most likely. Other than clothes we already have a bassinet, high chair and jumper and I can kick the middle child out of the crib by then, and I might buy a bumbo. We don't really use much other baby gear than that!
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-01-2012 - 9:43pm

We've bought a few cute onesies, and we looked at furniture.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 9:37am

I've still got all the main essentials from my first two.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:43am

We haven't bought a thing. We're moving June 1st, so it's easier for us to just wait until we're in the new place before we start buying stuff. We are only going to get the essentials ahead of time.

Expecting baby #1 August 8th 2012! It's a girl!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 2:47pm

I have not bought a thing.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:21pm

We don't need much. We had a drop side crib so that I had replaced last year!

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 11:49pm
With the boys only 13 months old, I pretty much have everything I need already. We have 2 cribs, and the boys have never let me separate them, so I'm going to just use the other crib for the baby. I'll grab a few packs of newborn diapers, and pick up some newborn clothes. I had just gotten rid of all the boys newborn clothes when I found out I was pregnant again.

I'm considering a bassinet for our room. Has any of the BTDT mom's used one? Are they worth it or should I just have the hubby move the spare crib to our room?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 12:27am
All we have bought so far is a play and pack set. We bought a really nice one that was neutral before we knew she was a girl. I will have a shower at work but my brother in law passed away Sunday so shopping for baby girl has been put on hold.
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 9:56am
I co-slept with Quinn, both bed sharing (in the same bed) and room sharing (just in the same room, in his case, in a bassinet) for about the first 3 months of his life, at which time he started waking up once a night in his own room and several times a night in our room. Where I put him to bed, in his own room or in ours, depending on whether or not I was going straight to bed with him or not. So I've done the bassinet thing and it worked for us, but I say if it fits in your room, just put the crib in your room and save yourself some $$ on a bassinet. We borrowed ours with Quinn, and will see about borrowing the same one again :)
Photobucket

Pages