Hurricane Sandy Roll Call

iVillage Member
Hurricane Sandy Roll Call
Sun, 10-28-2012 - 3:35pm

Do we have any mommas that are in the path of Sandy or will be feeling the affects of the storm?

If so, we'll have you guys in our prayers that your families stay safe!

Let us know how you're doing!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-29-2012 - 3:19pm

We've just got rain and wind warnings here where I am, and a few flood warnings for areas of downtown. It's already raining pretty hard, but we're not supposed to get the worst part until overnight tonight. We're going to get our flashlights and candles ready in case we lose power. Keeping our fingers crossed that it won't be as bad as they say for those right on the coast!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-30-2012 - 9:54pm

Hope you guys made it through the night okay and that you never lost power, Megan!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-31-2012 - 3:04pm

Thanks Megan! We did! Our power stayed on which was great, some parts of the city lost theirs though. I was supposed to have an appointment with my doula yesterday but the power in her building was out and she couldn't get her car out of the parking garage! There was some wind damage here, some trees came down and some buildings were damaged, but nothing terrible thank goodness!!!

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 1:48pm

Thank goodness! There are a lot of folks that are in really bad conditions. It will take a while for things to normalize, I'm sure.

Photobucket