I caved!! I couldn't wait!!

iVillage Member
I caved!! I couldn't wait!!
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 5:30pm
Sorry green team! I wasn't as strong as the rest of you and I caved! I had to know, we're having a boy!!! DH WAS RIGHT! WHAAAAT? I totally thought we're having a girl, but hubby was sooooo sure about a boy and he was right!! Is there such a thing as paternal instinct? Haha!!
We had agreed to wait for the surprise all the way until week 18, then I started to crumble, mainly because DH and i were both so sure, and didn't agree!! We debated whether to find out for days, right up until we were in the waiting room for the u/s! I have to say, I didn't care about planning nursery colours or blue/pink baby items, or even which one of us was right, I just couldn't get passed the feeling of not fully connecting with a neutral idea of baby. Something in my brain was blocking girly or boyish daydreams and I felt like I couldn't fully interact with baby if I didn't know. I shocked myself with how intense the need to know became! Haha!
I still want almost everything baby related to be neutral so that it can all be reused, so we're only telling our close family members and swearing them to secrecy until we do a fun reveal at the baby shower! :)
Green team, please don't hate me, you are all so strong to wait! Haha! And blue team, you've gained a new member!!! :D I also lost the bet with DH and will therefore be changing the first diaper :p Hahaha!!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 7:02am
A boy! Yahoo! Fantastic!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 9:08am

I can completely understand! I had such a hard time not finding out at my ultrasound on Tuesday. Congrats on the baby boy!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 5:15pm

Boys are awesome! I love being a mom to a boy :) Wouldn't trade it for the world.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 9:31am

CONGRATULATIONS on your coming baby boy.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 4:10pm
Congrats on the little guy!! :-)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 7:05pm
Thanks everyone!! :) We're still working on names, DH and I aren't really agreeing! My top 2 are Albert (Alby) and Malachy, DH likes Bennet and Nathaniel. We'll probably have to meet the little guy before we decide. Middle name will definitely be William, family name for both of us :)
:):):)