I couldn't take it anymore......

iVillage Member
I couldn't take it anymore......
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 10:00am

There’s been so much talk about morning sickness in the August Expecting Club. I've definitely chimed in on a few boards about the way I've been feeling for the past 3 weeks. Well, I finally called my doctor this morning. I'm scheduled for my first appointment a week from today but I just can't take it any longer. I've never felt this terrible before. I feel like I have the flu all day everyday. I’ve yet to throw up but feel as though it could happen at any minute. I don’t have any energy to do anything, which is why I still haven’t taken my Christmas tree down. I feel like such a wimp. Has anyone else had to resort to calling their doctor?

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 11:40am

I have not resorted to calling my doctor because I've never felt that bad... but if I did, I bet I would! There are medications out there that can help with extreme nausea and you need to see your doctor to get the prescribed.

When you're feeling this bad, do you try and eat something? I find that when I do feel like I'm going to vomit, I need to eat some protein... and it goes away! I need to always have something in my stomach and it helps to get rid of the queasies.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 12:35pm
When my nurse called to let me know my beta and progesterone levels several weeks ago, I mentioned my MS (just nausea, like you) and she offered to call in a scrip for me. I waited another day and then had her call it in -- it's generic for Zofran. I took it for two weeks but then started feeling well enough to not need it anymore. But, I too was miserable, couldn't eat anything, and I was working 10-hour days and not sleeping well to boot, so I felt I had no choice. I don't like taking an Rx or even headache remedies while pregnant, but I figure if I cannot eat and feel horrible, that's worse for my overall condition. No shame in getting something to help you through it.

Brie
#4 EDD 8/5/12

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 4:39pm
Call your doc for sure. Another week is too long to feel so crappy.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 4:52pm

I feel exactly like you do.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 5:22pm

Nothing to report because I haven't gotten a call back from my doctors office. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed because they are usually so good about getting back to me right away. I pretty much force myself to eat because I'm so hungry but as soon as I get done eating I feel like crap. Its a lose, lose for me right now. Nothing sounds good or appealing but I eat anyway because I can't handle that empty feeling in my stomach, the nausea and the light headiness that comes with being hungry. I've noticed that peanut butter does

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 6:05pm
I had to call. I have such horrible nausea that I have to be on a prescription. It was the same with my first pregnancy, so I called at the first symptom. I am feeling the same way you are. I feel miserable, and I feel like the vomit is sitting right at the top of my throat. I have been sick a few times. I had to stay home from work yesterday because I was so sick. You are NOT a wimp!!!!!!! You are pregnant!!! Hardest thing ever!!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-06-2012 - 11:02pm

I am right there with you!!! It's horrible. I've been saying the same thing to my family, "I feel like I have the flu 24/7."

pregnancy
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 9:53pm
Glad to hear i'm not alone sorry for anyone going through this.I feel ms day and night,i feel like chunky foods sits at the back of my throat(yuck!)and i can't even get out of bed in the morning,also i have no energy and just feel like a train wreck.I'm 11wks and i have been experiencing this since 6.5 weeks.I can't handle much more of it.I have a family i need to care for
I'm definately calling my dr tomorrow.I don't like taking meds but it is a last resort and I'm desperate to feel normal.Hope we all feel better.Sorry i'm no help :(
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 10:28am

I just feel like its gone on enough. Mine seems to have slowed down a little. I'm not feeling it all day anymore but I feel terrible at night. I feel terrible because I'm so irritable with my kids and my husband because I feel like crap. I'm 12 wks 3 days today so I'm praying that this will end next week when I hit 13 wks. I've been able to eat normal for breakfast