I may have to invest in "D" batteries

iVillage Member
I may have to invest in "D" batteries
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 6:46pm

The only place beside someone's arms Sean has wanted to sleep today is in his vibrating chair. I'm 99.9% sure that he has acid reflux, so I've been trying to feed him as upright as possible, I have a pillow under his bassinet pad to angle him up, and burping him as often as possible. He still spits up a bunch after almost every bottle, plus super fussy and back arching. Big brother had it as well, and I've heard that it can run in families. Rarg, I was hoping to not be formula stained this time around :smileysad: I had to put rolled towels on either side of him in the chair to keep him upright, since I have it with as little recline as it can have.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Yeah, we've got all the symptoms of acid reflux and/or colic. His 2wk check is Friday, so I'll be talking to his pedi then. And the baking soda only helped with the spit up and enabling him to burp, it didn't even reduce the fussiness or back arching later that night. I got like no sleep last night :smileysad: Hubby's been sick, so he can't take the baby and about the time I was gonna go give him to my mom, he settled down, until the next time he woke up.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

And then again, maybe not :smileyhappy: I googled gripe water and it is basically water, baking soda, dill oil and fennel oil. Well, I know baking soda and water is a natural antacid, so we made a little homemade gripe water of 2oz water to less than an eighth of a teaspoon of baking soda, maybe a sixteenth. He drank an oz of that right before his last bottle and burped really nicely and is sleeping just fine now. Hopefully my pedi doesn't berate me for it, assuming it continues to work. I don't think he will though, he a little more open minded than that. His first suggestions when I was having trouble with him latching and being unwilling to eat were to see a LC and a supplemental nursing system, not a bottle :smileyhappy:

Photobucket