Insurance Incentives on Pregnancy

iVillage Member
Insurance Incentives on Pregnancy
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 1:15pm

Hey, I'm from the June 2012 EC and decided to wander on over here and remind everyone about a possible cash incentive that your or your husband's company may provide through your health insurance if you sign up for specific programs that they have for pregnancy.

I just found out yesterday, I have Cigna (although I know many other insurances have a similar program), and they have a "Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Babies" program, where you just call and sign up, and a OB registered nurse calls you, takes an assessment, and just checks up on you periodically about you and your pregnancy. On my insurance, they give you $250 if you sign up in your first trimester, $125 if you sign up in your second. I didn't know until yesterday, so I will get the lesser amount, but I wanted to inform others so you can find out and it not be too late like me.

The RN called me today and was very knowledgeable about everything and you can call them anytime with any questions or concerns you have. Hey, free advice and free money, you can't beat that!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 1:48pm
Cool stuff! I was with Aetna with my first and they didn't give me any cash, but they did send a book and some babyproofing things, and took $100 off my delivery bill from the hospital. I'll have to call up my current insurance company to see if they want to give me any free stuff!