iVillage confessional

iVillage Member
iVillage confessional
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 8:42pm
How did you come to find our happy August home? What does your screen name mean?
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-20-2012 - 8:48pm

I found Ivillage message boards when I was looking for a place for some support when TTC. My screen name is my first initial (K for Kara) and my middle name beth, plus the year I was born 85.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 7:01am

Well, I found iVillage back in '99 somehow, back when we had Parentsoup, Parentsplace, and a few other channels, I believe. In fact, I have a Parentsoup mouse pad here somewhere (or, it may have not made the cut in the move, LOL, who knows, but I do recall seeing it somewhat recently). I think maybe I saw an ad for it on tv. Anyhoo, it was during my 3rd pregnancy and then I miscarried, so I was a regular on the MC board and then became CL of that, then the July 2000 EC, a slew of other boards.

So it was a natural thing to come back and find the August EC board when I found out we were pregnant because iVillage is such a great resource and the best place online IMO to share experiences with other women who are going through similar experiences.

Of course, my moniker is easy -- Brie is my nickname (Sabrina) and K is my last initial. It's the only name I've had here on iVillage.

Brie
Mom to Libby/17, William/12, and Jacob/8
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-21-2012 - 9:20pm

I found IV when I was pregnant with my first, and a lot of us are very good friends on FB now.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 8:51am
I found iV in my last pregnancy, my third child. I'm do close with 70 of those girls! We have a thriving b community now, and I've met a bunch of them too. We're even having a meetup this June with at least 11 of us and our families. Meeting these women and forming the trust and openness of real friendship is what ivillage is all about. We've all learned so much from one another, and I hope for that here as well. :)

My screen name is kind of dumb. It was the name I gave my pink iPod, that my husband got me to train for my first 10K. :) That iPod got lost when we moved across the country, but the name stuck.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 2:05pm

I found ivillage board when I was pregnant with my third child 6 years ago. Over 40 members are still close on facebook, and I like getting advice and hearing stories from them.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 2:08pm
*so close
*fb not "b"
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 3:44pm
I found iVillage quite a while ago, when I was worried about being underweight (I'm not, really, even at my lowest ever pre-preggers weight, but everyone who dared (even family) to guess my weight put me 10-15lbs lighter than I ever was) then I found several other boards that I like. Since then I've been addicted, lol.

My screen name came from what I was almost named as a baby, Killashandra (from the Crystal Singer books by Anne McCaffery). If you take the beginning, Killa, and pronounce it with Spanish on the vowels and double ll it sounds like Keeyah. From that I came up with Keeyamah, which became my screen name or video game character name for many things, lol.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 4:18pm
I found IV when I was pregnant with the twins. I was on the April 2011 expecting club and the Pregnant with Multiples board, and I really enjoyed the support and hearing about everyone's experiences compared to what I was going through.

My name is kinda funny. Back when my husband and I were dating, we would play a video game called Twisted Metal 2. I would play a car that would turn into a tornado for their special move. When my husband would hear it he would laugh and say "Damn it Twister" It stuck. After that I would use the name Twister for anything online. If the name Twister is not available I add XV on the end of it for the roman numeral 15.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers