Jessica Simpson Pregnant Again?!

iVillage Member
Jessica Simpson Pregnant Again?!
Wed, 11-28-2012 - 12:13pm

Jessica Simpson just may be taking the Tori Spelling route to family planning. Us Weekly reports the 32-year-old old singer/actress/Fashion Star mentor is already pregnant again -- and her baby girl, Maxwell Drew, is just shy of 7 months old.

Is Jessica Simpson Pregnant Again?- http://www.ivillage.com/jessica-simpson-pregnant-second-child/6-a-504888

Wow! I didn't expect that! Are you planning to have more children? If so, how long do you think you'll wait before having another?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 11:23am

Wow, that's quick!!

I would like to have another when Alby is around 3! My sister and I were 4 years apart and we felt like that was too long, but I can't imagine being pregnant again while taking care of a toddler. So after Alby turns 2 I imagine we'll start trying for another! Also, if he's 3 when a new baby is born I think he'll more likely remember his sibling's arrival. That's one thing that is cute about my sister being so much older, she remembers coming to the hospital, looking at me and thinking "I don't know about her... I don't know if I like her" and then my mum handing her a new Gem doll and saying it's from her new baby sister, so she thought "Ok I like her!" Ha ha!!

What have you BTDT moms liked/disliked about the spacing of your kids?

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-29-2012 - 11:36am

My husband and I agreed when Quinn was about 2 months old that we wanted our kids 3-4yrs apart. I'm 6yrs younger than my brother (which my mom did on purpose, so he would be in school and she could have the day with me, evenings with him) and DH is 10yrs older than his sister. We both felt that that was far too big of a gap, but we didn't want them to be super close in age, i.e. less than a 2 yr gap. Truthfully we didn't want 2 in diapers at the same time, but since Quinn is being a bit difficult about potty training, we've got one in diapers and one in pull ups/cloth training undies right now. I'm liking their 3 yr gap, Quinn is somewhat self-sufficent, he can bring me his cup and the milk gallon if he want more or get his own water bottle out of the fridge. He plays on his own fairly well, and runs his computer game as well. So if we have another, we'll go for the 3-4 yr age gap again, its works for us.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 8:20pm

Hunter was 6 months old when I got pregnant with Katie so they are 15 months apart. Katie and Isaiah (my third) are 21 months apart. Isaiah and LIly are 3 years apart. And Lily and Mason are 4.5 years apart. It was difficult when the first two where litlle, but I like having them close together. I love that they play together and get along pretty well. At one point we had three in diapers at the same time. I would do the same all over again, but I can definately see how it might be easier to have them spaced a little more too. In a way, it is easier to have more kids because the can play with each other.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-02-2012 - 8:20pm

Hunter was 6 months old when I got pregnant with Katie so they are 15 months apart. Katie and Isaiah (my third) are 21 months apart. Isaiah and LIly are 3 years apart. And Lily and Mason are 4.5 years apart. It was difficult when the first two where litlle, but I like having them close together. I love that they play together and get along pretty well. At one point we had three in diapers at the same time. I would do the same all over again, but I can definately see how it might be easier to have them spaced a little more too. In a way, it is easier to have more kids because the can play with each other.

Photobucket