Just goes to show

iVillage Member
Just goes to show
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 12:46pm
Some families can ruin any occasion. DH and I had planned to tell our family on Valentines Day about our expected arrival. We had made personalized onesies for everybody, put them in cute little Chinese take out boxes, etc. But of course that's not going to happen. Apparently a couple weeks ago my mother stopped by in the middle of the day while DH was home to drop of our daughter. Well I don't know about anyone else, but my mother is a huge snoop. When she took my daughter upstairs to put her jacket and boots away, she decided to take a peak around, of course she found everything baby related. She was so upset that she called EVERYONE. We of course didn't know this until last night when she called crying because we hadn't.confessed to the pregnancy yet.... Apparently there will never be such a thing as a surprise in my family. Still trying to decide if I'm more angry or hurt.
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 3:58pm

So sorry that happened. I'm not sure why people have to be so nosy? My MIL was always good at saying "I knew it" when we told her and once when my sister-in-law was pregnant. I think even if I knew, I'd still act surprised to avoid hurting anyones feelings. I guess that's just me. I can't believe she actually looked through your things, I think I'd be hurt and angry.

I actually had a dream not

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-09-2012 - 4:08pm

Oh, I'm so sorry!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 6:47pm
I am so sorry that happened....I would be FURIOUS!!!!